PRG-80-1 or G-9200-1

View Poll Results: Which one would u take?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Casio ProTrek PRG-80-1VDR

10 76.92%
  • Casio G-Shock G-9200-1VDR

3 23.08%

Thread: PRG-80-1 or G-9200-1

Question PRG-80-1 or G-9200-1

hi guyz!!! i am planning to buy a watch this dec!!!i am not able to decide b/w these two model,,Casio ProTrek PRG-80-1 or G-Shock G-9200-1,,i like both the watches but i only need one,,the prg is big which makes my wrist appear small but has easy to read display onthe other hand g9200 is a gshock, perfectly sized for my wrist,,but is relatively costly and this model is still not launched in india so spares is a problem and also doesnt offer a compass,,which watch should i get??
    the prg on my wrist

and a short video of the same
    http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=qH2L9n3M2es
    guyz if possible pls post the wrist shots for comparision,,thanx!!

Re: PRG-80-1 or G-9200-1

I had the same decision to make recently, and went for the PRG-80. I still plan on getting a G-9200 at some point, but for now I'm very happy with the PRG-80. It looks great, I love the large display and having the compass is a big plus.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by prandi View Post
    which watch should i get??
    simple: get both

coincidentally I have those two watches and I like them pretty much both. the pro trek sensors are more stable, in regards of thermo compensation. when temperature is stable both watches show exact the same air pressure. the riseman sensor is a bit jumpy but not too bad, at least much more stable than the sensors in the PAW-1300 series.

the legibility of the risemans display can only be described as outstanding, it comes just next to my beloved G800BD-1V. the display of the pro trek is great too, its strenghts is the multi-layer LC wich looks very cool and its huge digits. it is however not as sharp and clear as the riseman.

both watches wear extremly comfortable, nothing to complain about here. the barograph of the pro trek is much better to read since its dots are a lot bigger. though the pro trek doesn't have atomic time keeping its none the less a highly precise watch, mine gains only about 2 seconds per month.

both watches show the current time in all modes with only one exception: the pro trek while in barometer mode, the riseman while in altimeter mode.

one advantage on the riseman is, that it shows also day, date and year in timekeeping mode. the pro trek shows either date or day, no year:

so what to choose? well if you are serious about outdoors, I would go with the PRG-80, because of its better to read barograph and the more stable sensor. also the compass might be a plus for you although you can always attach a little one to the riseman strap (or any other watch band), as I did:

if you more concerned about 200m WR, atomic time and shock resistance (though the PRG-80 is just next to that) you might want to choose the GW-9200. in the end you can't go wrong with either, both represent IMO top of the art in their own league.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    though the pro trek doesn't have atomic time keeping its none the less a highly precise watch, mine gains only about 2 seconds per month.
    I think I've had mine 3 weeks now and it's gained 1 second, so it's heading for the same accuracy. I'm very impressed with that.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Picture Re: PRG-80-1 or G-9200-1

Choice of one? PRG-80

If you are concerned about the size look at the PRG-110, PRW-1300, as these are much smaller, with full ABC function, although the 1300 has been observed to not deal with temperature change as effcently as the PRG-80 and this effects the accuracy of the barometer & altimeter.

PRG-80YT

PRW-1300-1VER

PRW-1300-1VER................PRG-80YT................PRG40T-7VDR

Q-6

This is a toughy...I like both too, and am considering both. I personally would go for the PRG80 first because of the large display and compass (dual layer). I also think it's one of the best looking of the Protreks. The PAW1300 just looks more like a cheap toy to me by comparison.

I'm also not over the moon for the black Riseman look...so am waiting for different colour variations.

I wouldn't worry too much about size. They both will wear comfortably and you won't notice it after a bit. Choose the one which suits your life style the most. If you're really into outdoors; the PRG80 or if you expect to give the watch all kinds of tough love; the Riseman. Both are good options.

I have both watches. The PRG-80 for about 3 years and the Riseman for about only 2 weeks. I wear the Riseman all the time and it looks great. The graph is kind of small but is readable. I only wear the PRG-80 when I am hiking because it is so BIG on my wrist. The graph on the PRG-80 is super-easy to read.

As far as the barometer and altimeter is concerned, both watches are accurate and match each other closely.

Both are nice watches but I am preferring the Riseman right now. I seldom have needed the compass function on the PRG-80.

Thread Information