Price trends of Gshock in next future
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Price trends of Gshock in next future

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Exclamation Price trends of Gshock in next future

Now that the mess in Thailand is over, I believe it is worth spending some words on the price trends of Gshock.
    I read in other topics (with a bit of surprise) that prices are rising.
    I wonder why, in Thailand they are boosting production while in Malaysia Casio has a new manufacturing floor.

Is the demand of Gshock skyrocketing, thus Casio wants to maximize their revenue? I do not know if market is asking for more Gshock's, actually.
    I mean, generally speaking things are getting cheaper (thanks to some low cost countries...but this is another topic..), why Gshock should get more expensive?
    It is really the case?

Please share your thoughts.

Re: Price trends of Gshock in next future

Quote Originally Posted by Cabatisto View Post
    Is the demand of Gshock skyrocketing
    Yes. Thus we are now all super-cool.

Casio watches are the most popular in the world right now. Affordable and indestructible. Combining form and function. The product sells itself. I feel their prices are on point with what the product brings to the table.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Popular or not, selling well or not, DO NOT expect a fall in prices for future releases.
    In fact, expect the opposite.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Considering how the global economy is right now, I don't expect the prices of G-Shock watches to decrease.
    GX-56-4 | GA-110RF | G-8900DGK | GW-9400-3

6 months ago I bought my King, it retailed at £85, now from the same place the same model has a retail of £112.
    Used prices seem higher as well.

A friend who is a watch dealer says that its actually Casio Edifice that is really popular due to their affordable pricing. An average Edifice cost a bit less than a new 5600KG-3 and looks a million bucks. Really selling in rural areas he said, where people go for value rather than the G shock brand.
    Davidro likes this.

I am starting my collection and have been concentrating on watches i could wear at work while scouting out fun watches for outside work. I ended up ordering 2x ga-110fc (one red, one blue) not because i was in a mad rush and couldn't wait any longer, but because i didn't want to pay an extra $100 per watch at a later time when it would be more convenient.
    I'm trying to learn more about this aspect and it is turning out to be as important as my desire of which watch to get next.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Damn....are you telling me that I should buy all G's I want right away because later I will spend more???? Eheheh

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

You will not see a drop in MSRP prices... except for the once in a great while sales that stores run, which also means a very limited selection. The Thailand flooding caused some eBay market prices to go up as inventory dried up, and THAT will stabilize with more available volume. eBay has the greatest in pricing fluctuation, because it is a true measure of the eBay buyer's interests (discounting the random idiots who have no patience or the serendipitous circumstance of few bidders on that one day you happen to be a bidder).

But CASIO lost quite a lot of revenue due to the Thailand flooding and will want to recoup those losses. Thus, they won't budge on MSRP prices. As for long term, we all know that things go in and out of fashion. During part of the 1990's, G-Shocks were far out of the spotlight and then returned. But just because they're in vogue today doesn't mean they will tomorrow. As new AMOLED technology gets better, you're going to see some super thin watches come out, some with massively wide bands that will be able to show images and video. It'll be a hit in the house, dance, and trendy pop cultures, where they'll look at thick resin covered G-Shocks with a disdainful "man, that's so primitive!" So, CASIO's time is gradually running down. I say this because CASIO does not rapidly innovate. They move very slowly. They were already established when the "in" crowds started adopting them and craving collaborations. And it was so easy to accommodate this because nothing technical was required--just new "skins", merely cosmetic revisions. But when the crowds start wanting something that is a radical departure from the G-Shock, CASIO won't be able to move fast enough... partly due to the direction being rather strongly off their present and determined course--to build very rugged digital wristwatches.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information