Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Phantasm
  • 2 Post By Chempop
  • 1 Post By Oakzod
  • 1 Post By mharris660
  • 1 Post By Oakzod
  • 1 Post By kmbijit
  • 2 Post By cranx

Thread: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3

    Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Hey there ,
    I am glad to tell that my Dw-6900 hm served me very well for over 2 years and is still rocking solid but now I am looking forward for some change . So I have decided to buy me a new one . Here's my considerations -
    1 King g shock gx56 red black ( for about $135)
    2 mud man 9010 (for about $ 105)
    3 dw 6900 cocaine white (for about $69)

    I am from India and the prices here are not quite similar as compared to that of in the US . All the above prices quoted above are after the maximum discount .

    PS - the watch is going to be a daily use watch and I am not a collector .

    Do need some advise upon choosing one . Also another recommendation will be helpful

    TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images


  2. #2
    Member kmbijit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    IND
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakzod View Post
    1 King g shock gx56 red black ( for about $135)
    I am from India
    First, tell me where did you manage to get those insanely tempting prices? Local store or online? The models you have listed are nowhere available locally here in Bangalore and the cheapest king I have seen on ebay is $200+ and that too, no discounts. Would love to know where you are based!

  3. #3
    Member Phantasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    694

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Welcome to the forum!

    As far as your choices, they are good ones in general. The 9010 Mudman would probably be the best daily normal wear watch. It's a smaller wearing watch too.

    The white 6900 will get dirty and hard to get clean if you wear it all the time, but it is a very good looking piece.

    The King is nice, but for a daily wear watch I'd want the positive display as it is easier to live with daily. Do they have a positive king? Negative displays are nice, but more of an occasional wear watch for me personally.

    Good luck with your choice. Let us know what you purchase when you make your decision.
    Last edited by Phantasm; January 25th, 2016 at 08:13.
    Oakzod and Mike K like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Chempop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Western MA, USA
    Posts
    438

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    I agree with Phantasm. The king is nice, but too big and negative display everyday might get annoying. The white 6900 is great looking, but everyday wear will turn it yellow eventually. The 9010 mudman is a fantastic watch, I own the atomic version and like it, but yes, the buttons are a tad hard to push and the rubber guard on the backplate seems to irritate some people (not me). I think you should go with your gut and personal preference. They are all nice G's, what's your favorite looking? What's the most comfortable on your wrist?

    Phantasm and Oakzod like this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Quote Originally Posted by bbsrailfan View Post
    First, tell me where did you manage to get those insanely tempting prices? Local store or online? The models you have listed are nowhere available locally here in Bangalore and the cheapest king I have seen on ebay is $200+ and that too, no discounts. Would love to know where you are based!
    I am from Lucknow (UP) and I managed to get these tempting prices from a local store .
    If you want I can PM you the store name (in case) .
    Heres another shot -
    Attached Images Attached Images

    kmbijit likes this.

  7. #6
    Member mharris660's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,599

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Go "Balls to the Wall" and get a Rangeman. If not that then the Mudman. Great watches that are built to last.
    Oakzod likes this.

  8. #7
    Member kcohS-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    I'd recommend a square g-shock since your first is a round one. So i'd pick the gx56 :) Also, after reading countless threads in this forum, i think the gx56 is already discontinued, hence its probably hard to find another one at that price.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    As far as your choices, they are good ones in general. The 9010 Mudman would probably be the best daily normal wear watch. It's a smaller wearing watch too.

    The white 6900 will get dirty and hard to get clean if you wear it all the time, but it is a very good looking piece.

    The King is nice, but for a daily wear watch I'd want the positive display as it is easier to live with daily. Do they have a positive king? Negative displays are nice, but more of an occasional wear watch for me personally.

    Good luck with your choice. Let us know what you purchase when you make your decision.
    Yes you said it correctly . The 6900 might develop a yellowish tinge with the passage of time .
    Unfortunately, the retail store didn't seem to have any positive kings . And yes I checked the King at the store . The negative display just didn't seem to caters to my need from a watch .
    Will definitely update as soon as I get my hands on one of these .
    Phantasm likes this.

  10. #9
    Member kmbijit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    IND
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakzod View Post
    Yes you said it correctly . The 6900 might develop a yellowish tinge with the passage of time .
    Unfortunately, the retail store didn't seem to have any positive kings . And yes I checked the King at the store . The negative display just didn't seem to caters to my need from a watch .
    Will definitely update as soon as I get my hands on one of these .
    Negative displays aren't really that hard to live with! 4 of my 7 G's are negative displays!
    Oakzod likes this.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: Probably my second g shock ! Need advice !

    GX56. Coolest looking of the lot, Discontinued model and most importantly $135 is a steal.
    Oakzod and kmbijit like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. First G-Shock / Advice
      By uzapuca in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: May 30th, 2015, 08:43
    2. Advice on getting my first G-Shock
      By kerstel in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: August 30th, 2013, 13:43
    3. First G-Shock - advice please
      By GlennO in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: February 16th, 2013, 02:24
    4. Advice for my first G-shock
      By sidrox25 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: August 8th, 2010, 01:30
    5. new to g shock any advice
      By steve-h in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: November 3rd, 2008, 21:31

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •