Probably one of the most common dilemma in G-Shock land...please help...
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Probably one of the most common dilemma in G-Shock land...please help...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Probably one of the most common dilemma in G-Shock land...please help...

2 G-Shocks go and 2 come in...I gave away my old Gs to my stepson and I decided to buy another two.

I ordered a Solar Atomic GW7900B-1 (for $89) and I will get it next week...I LOVE the design of that watch.

Today I bought a DW9052-1V but I'm having some second thoughts....should I exchange it with the DW6900-1V instead?? ($2 dollars apart from each other). So is the 6900 more "classic" or "iconic" compared to the 9052??

I like the Multifunction alarm on the DW6900-1V but I do not like the plastic buckle on the band (stainless steel on the 9052)...both fits well on my wrist. The 9052 is made in China, the 6900 in Thailand.

I probably have a very slight preference for the 9052 dial (the "split" window) but I think the 3 circular counter on the DW6900 are cool too...I like a bit more the side "ears" on the 9052 case which they house the large buttons.

Please help!! Any other difference I should be aware of from the experts??

I know, I know...get both but I refuse to let them proliferate!!!

Name:  casio-g-shock-sports-mens-watch-dw9052-1v-1483081775-29949-2e1618b02bf3a95b710721c70bf78a7a.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  DW6900-1V_large.png
Views: 409
Size:  230.4 KB

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Probably one of the most common dilemma in G-Shock land...please help...

The 2 models you picked are really very the same when it comes to functionality.

Regarding style: I like the display of the 9052 more, less space sacrified for the rather useless circles.

Regarding wear comfort:
    The 6900 has the pre-shaped strap angle on the housing.
    That one is fitting my wrist better then the free pivoting strap of the 9052.
    But thats just me.
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

You ordered one, then while waiting for it to arrive bought another. Now you're thinking of a third. Yet you refuse to let them proliferate? Ok.
    You seem to like certain things of both the 6900 and 9052. Don't see how which is more iconic has much too do with the decision. They are both reasonably priced, choose the one you think you'll enjoy looking at the most. Or, get both and sell the one you end up liking the least.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    You ordered one, then while waiting for it to arrive bought another. Now you're thinking of a third. Yet you refuse to let them proliferate? Ok.
    You are right but as d2mac said already, the two watches are so similar to each other (functionality, color and style) that I really see no point in buying them both....

If it's just 'the buckle' that is annoying you, this can easily be swapped to a metal one for £2/3! It's a mod that will take literally a couple of minutes, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you have a unique watch (apart from the other 100s of owners who have done the same LOL)
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Probably not much help, but my own personal preference is the 6900 all the way, I just don't really like the 9052 much!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

I like the design of the 6900 much more than the 9052. 6900 is cool while the 9052 looks more utilitarian.

Keep em both

Someone had to say it~

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    kevio likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

DW6900 .

Or buy a grown-up watch out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information