Problem with G-Shock GWA1000FC 1A4ER

Thread: Problem with G-Shock GWA1000FC 1A4ER

Problem with G-Shock GWA1000FC 1A4ER

Hey People,

I really need help with this problem I'm experiencing with my G-Shock Aviator. First off I have several G-shocks all of which work flawlessly including the GW-3000B-1AER. Basically what happens is the second hand stops randomly. It's literally just done it now and in order to get it moving again I have to do a home position reset, sometimes more than once, and then all works fine again until it happens again. Normally within the week. I can't explain why as I don't know. It's not low battery as the second hand it moving at 1 second intervals. All other functions work fine and it keeps the time. Sometimes if I just pull the crown out it starts going again but the second hand then is confused. For example if I do a manual receive instead of pointing to the Y or N at 7 or 11 second marks it points to the R at the 19th second mark.

I sent my watch back to Casio UK the other day only to get it back and say there is nothing wrong with it. All they did was reset home position, which I told them I've done countless times in the letter I sent with the watch explaining the problem. They also stated that the watch was not set to Auto DST, which is completely irrelevant to the issue I'm having and also wrong because that's how it came when I bought it since I haven't changed it. As you can probably tell I was rather p***ed off with the service I got since the watch isn't even a year old and I take great care with all my G-Shocks. It's clear to me that Casio are not bothered and seem to think it's normal behavior for a £350 Aviator watch which can apparently withstand the shocks of gravitational dropping forces, centrifugal G-forces, and vibration. I sent them the watch in the state I mention with the second hand stopped at around the 20 second mark.

My question is does anyone else have this issue or similar ones? I came across this thread outlining the exact problem I am currently having

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw-...r-1094781.html

Don't get me wrong I love my G-shocks and I love my GWA1000FC 1A4ER. I just wish there was an explanation to the issue I'm having.

Any help much appreciated guys. I hope all this makes sense.

Ben

Re: Problem with G-Shock GWA1000FC 1A4ER

I'm having the exact same problem with my new Mudmaster. Did you ever find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by howardilderton View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem with my new Mudmaster. Did you ever find a solution?
    If it's new, can you exchange it for another one?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys,

Yeah I did get it sorted eventually. Basically I sent my watch back to Casio, but there was a lot of back and fourth. They initially sent it straight back to me and said there was nothing wrong with it. I then gave a detailed account of what it was doing and sent it back again. That is when they replaced parts, can't remember the exact phrase they used but I'm guessing they may have replaced the battery or something.

I was pulling my hair out as the watch became unusable. It got a lot worse after I started this thread. It constantly stopped and after a reset it just did the same again a day or so later. Thankfully when I sent it back a second time it was in it's broken state so the second hand had stopped around the 15 second mark. I left it like that for a day or so then sent it back.

It has worked perfectly since being repaired over a year ago now.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Thread Information