Problem Receiving the "FULL" Signal on my GW9000A Mudman. I Get Only A "PARTIAL" Signal
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Problem Receiving the "FULL" Signal on my GW9000A Mudman. I Get Only A "PARTIAL" Signal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Unhappy Problem Receiving the "FULL" Signal on my GW9000A Mudman. I Get Only A "PARTIAL" Signal

I just received my brand new G9000A-1 atomic solar 5 band Mudman G-Shock a few days ago. I absolutely love this watch very much. I've been wearing my new Mudman for the last 3 to 4 days and taking it off at night when I go to bed. I live in an area where receiving the atomic signal is not that great. I've set the watch to "automatically" synch to the time signal during the night, but because the signal is not good here where I live, I've been "manually" synching my watch anytime between 12:00am and 5:30am. The first time when I successfully manually synched it, the watch displayed the little horizontal lines inside the round circle which shows the frequency that says USA on it. I'm in the NYC eastern time zone, so I've set my home city on my Mudman to NYC. I've also set it to "automatically" synch even though I manually synch the watch myself every night. In the next 2 consecutive days after the first time that I successfully manually synched my watch, when I tried to manually synch it again, it successfully synched again on both days, BUT it did NOT display the little horizontal lines on the LCD display inside the little circle which shows the frequency that says USA on it. I don't know why it doesn't show the horizontal lines inside the circle when the watch successfully received the atomic signal? The LCD display ONLY shows the word "GET" with the time stamp on it after the signal is successfully received, but it doesn't display the horizontal lines inside the circle that is labelled USA. Is there anything wrong with the electronic synchronization mechanism inside my new Mudman that's causing it to block itself and to not show these horizontal lines inside the circle that's labelled USA in order to tell me that it's successfully synched?

I've looked all over the place in my Mudman's owner's manual and I cannot find anything anywhere that tells me WHY my watch isn't displaying the horizontal lines inside the little round circle that says USA on it after it successfully receives the signal and shows "GET" on the LCD display. The owner's manual only says that the LCD display must show the horizontal lines inside the designated circle when the watch successfully synchronizes with the atomic signal. It doesn't mention anything else or anything about the horizontal lines not showing in the circle on the LCD display when there's a successful manual or automatic synch. Do you know if there's anything wrong with my watch for it to be preventing itself from showing these horizontal lines on the LCD display inside the USA frequency circle after it successfully synchs? Or is this a normal occurrence? What's wrong with my Mudman?
    Last edited by paul338; August 24th, 2013 at 13:24.

Re: Problem Receiving the "FULL" Signal on my GW9000A Mudman. I Get Only A "PARTIAL" Signal

If it makes you feel better I own two atomic g's, and mine only sync up a few times a month, realistically that is MORE than enough to keep them running on time!

LUW

Re: Problem Receiving the "FULL" Signal on my GW9000A Mudman. I Get Only A "PARTIAL" Signal

Bad signal?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Ok, but WHY is my Mudman showing ONLY the word "GET" on the LCD display after receiving the time signal without it also showing the horizontal black lines inside the USA frequency circle on the display? Is it a normal occurrence for the Mudman to receive only a partial time signal like this without displaying the little horizontal lines inside the USA frequency circle on the display? What causes this to happen?

I cannot find any information about this in the Mudman's owner's manual. Is there anything wrong with the internal electronic synchronizing mechanism?

here in portugal, were i live, in porto, my g-shock´s the gw6900, and the gw9010, sync easy takes ike 2min, both are mulitband 6, and one of my pro trek´s the prw 1500 needs to stay still, and need´s like 5 min to sync, but can´t be in the wrist! i think that is because of the materials, but also can be a difference in the multiband 6, that extra signal completes the other one on the g´s, perhaps!

my mudman gw9010 only shows the word GET then appears the G, and it´s done, i don´t no if it is different on the gw9000!

Sounds familiar Tick Toc, err Paul. It's normal for the watch to not display the indicator if it only got a partial sync.

Cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; August 24th, 2013 at 19:10.
    kung-fusion, Sengyoku and Chrisek like this.

Banned

Oh ok, I didn't know that my watch can partially synch like this. I wonder why the GW9000A owner's manual doesn't mention anything about partial synching in it? At least I now know that the synching is working correctly. Maybe I can get it to "fully" synch tonight so it shows the horizontal lines in the USA frequency circle.

For a guy who claims to travel to all the "politically volatile" and "war torn regions" of the world, you sure do worry about a lot of little pointless things.

Banned

I'm not worried, but I just want to make sure that my Mudman is working properly. What can I say, I'm a perfectionist.
    At least I now know that my watch is synching properly the way that it should.

I want to thank everyone in here for their input on this issue.
    Last edited by paul338; August 24th, 2013 at 20:09.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information