Problems with Riseman

Thread: Problems with Riseman

Problems with Riseman

About a year or so ago, I bought a new Riseman. It quickly became my favorite watch, relegating my trusy CW-300 to backup duty.

Last night, I was doing a "sleep trial" in my back yard, experimenting with a new insulated underquilt for my hammock in preparation for some colder weather hammock camping. Anyway, after I first turned in I was waking up often. At one point, I checked my Riseman and found it to be 3:18 am. Great! I thought... I've slept most of the way through the night!

I woke up again to see it was 6:28 am. Wow! I'm comfortable in this hammock... I slept well. But how come it's still so dark?

I went inside the house to find it was 3am. The display showed my watch had last synched on 9-25. I tried to do a manual synch and it won't work [I hold down button "E" (lower right) and keep it depressed, but it won't go into manual synch mode].

I manually reset the time this morning and it seems to be running OK. It still refuses to go into manual synch mode.

Any ideas?

Take it easy,
    desmobob
    Last edited by desmobob; October 3rd, 2010 at 16:52.

Re: Problems with Riseman

Some functions get disabled when power is low. Atomic sync is one of the most power hungry functions so it is one of the first to go.

Just charge your Riseman under some light in a window for a few days and see if it starts working normally again.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Wait, wut? It hasn't synced in a week so it's three hours fast? Sounds like a 7s26 after a good hard drop kick, not a G. Did I miss something in this story?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I figured it out...

The "B" button may have somehow gotten pressed for a few seconds while I slept with the watch on, changing my city time to my world time setting, which was UTC. According to the manual, you cannot perform a manual synch with UTC chosen as your city!

That also explains the 4-hour time discrepency. (I'm in EST)

I just set everything back to normal and the watch functions as intended.

Whew! What a relief!

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Thread Information