Protector on a M5600 .....

Thread: Protector on a M5600 .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Protector on a M5600 .....

After the chat on here about putting a protector on a M5600, I sent for one from a DW-5600E from Tiktox and it arrived this morning, it's looks fine

There is a whisker of a gap in the depth but as it' a nice tight fit, it's not noticeable at all, how does it look to you guys?

Last edited by Artistmike; April 1st, 2008 at 12:57.
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Re: Protector on a M5600 .....

It looks great to me.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I've got protectors on 3 of my 5600 styles, I think it's a definite improvement!

Watches are frickin evil!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool Re: Protector on a M5600 .....

I feel you brother, i had to "settle" for the DW-5600-E protector for my G-5600 and it fits about as well, but i think it looks great myself

I'm undecided about the one I fitted to mine as a demonstration.

It blocks out some text - which is good because I'd prefer less text.

I never fitted one to my G-5600, because I thought of that as a 'smart' 5600, and a protector wouldn't be in keeping. The M5600 isn't smart, so it can take a protector.

But something tells me I shouldn't block the solar cell, even though it will make little or no practical difference.

And then there's that micro-gap. Again, I know it makes no practical difference, but it's a reminder that the protector belongs to another watch.

Looks like I'm talking myself out of a protector for the M5600...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    But something tells me I shouldn't block the solar cell, even though it will make little or no practical difference.
    That side of things worried me at first though, like you, I feel it won't be a problem. I'm going to leave it on as it feels a bit more "tool" like with it on and I'll let you know if it does affect the charging. The other thing that worried me was whether it would affect it's ability to sync, but it doesn't, so that's OK.

For me at the moment it's a positive.
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Exclamation Re: Protector on a M5600 .....

Stop pick'en on me Tribe ive tried to track down a specific G-5600 protector and the closest i came was a recomendation from Seamaster to contact Katsu-san. which i did, he(Katsu) said that he would look into it but after a couple of weeks and multiple emails asking for an update i have all but given up hope. especially after calling casio america 2 seperate times and having been told that no such part exists. i know ive seen one on the G5600 Viper and on another red variation model that the Seamaster referenced, model G-5600LL-4JF. any suggestions on where to score one???
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

My only suggestion would be Higuchi too.

Knowing that he has a shop to run and goes to some effort servicing people like us, I actually felt a bit guilty when I asked him for a small item (a G-5600 bezel). I told myself that I hadn't long bought a Tuna from him, so he had at least made some money from me.

He sent me a similar message at first - checking with supplier, etc, and then I heard no more. I steeled myself and sent him one reminder, and fortunately that resulted in the item being sent. I'm not sure if I'd have sent him more reminders or not - I was too conscious of him making a lot of effort for maybe 50p...

It's difficult.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

im almost at the point where i would pay for an additional watch if i could just get the protector, but i havnt seen any Vipers for sale(ever) and i dont want to disrespect Katsu or Higuchi for that matter by buying a sympathy watch. but if they can appreciate "the cost of doing business" purchase, and as long as i get the G-5600 face protector i would be a happy camper. is that out of line?
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Don't let my odd behaviour divert you from your quest...

I can imagine your order keeps dropping to the bottom of his 'to-do' list though...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information