Protrek PRX-8000t
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Protrek PRX-8000t

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Protrek PRX-8000t

This was announced yesterday

8000m峰の過酷な登.を支えるアウトド アウオッチ“PRO TREK MANASLU”- 2015年 - ニュースリリース - CASIO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMyTZ3Oa-l4

Seems to be more or less the same module as the PRW-6000/GWG-1000 variants, but with a titanium/DLC SS/resin construction. I think it looks really good, with clean, chiselled lines, high contrast dial, screw down crown and DLC SS and titanium construction. It is the same price as the new MTG-G1000 though, so definitely not cheap, and it is too big for me. Still, would love to have one

Re: Protrek PRX-8000t

Hmm, not sure what to say, really.

While this is supposed to be in a whole different category than the PRW 6000 it shares the same mov't with, this time it doesn't appear so. The metal case/bracelet isn't enough of a difference for me personally. Plus, the watch looks basic, almost Timex-like.

I suppose it adds a bit of bling compared with the 6000s, got to say, though - don't really see the point in dressing it up much, if the case is still resin?

It's the one thing I could never properly understand about the PRX-7000 / PRX-7001. I really liked them, even if they didn't make much sense, but I couldn't really get my head around what was the point adding things like titanium in, if still using resin in the case.

Make it solid ti, and clad with some resin for bump protection, I can see the point, but otherwise it just seems to be "Let's do it for something to do..."
    MG Designs and MrDagon007 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Like a lot of flagship products, it probably isn't meant to make logical sense. I agree that making it completely out of metal would've made more sense, sort of the like the distinction between GPW and MRG-G1000. Having said that, I guess this is more analogous to the MTG line up, kind of like the difference between GPW and MTG-G1000, functionally similar, but one is made out of mostly resin with some metal, whereas the other is made out of mostly metal with some resin

I have been looking at GWN/PRW-6000/GWG trio, now this has been added to the mix. All four shares similar module and functionality, but difference in material causes great differences in the price

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Like a lot of flagship products, it probably isn't meant to make logical sense. I agree that making it completely out of metal would've made more sense, sort of the like the distinction between GPW and MRG-G1000. Having said that, I guess this is more analogous to the MTG line up, kind of like the difference between GPW and MTG-G1000, functionally similar, but one is made out of mostly resin with some metal, whereas the other is made out of mostly metal with some resin

I have been looking at GWN/PRW-6000/GWG trio, now this has been added to the mix. All four shares similar module and functionality, but difference in material causes great differences in the price
    Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great looking watch. But then I think the 6000 series is great looking too.

Not so great looking I'm personally motivated to buy one (I have a PRW-5100) but all the same, I do like their styling.

I think what I find a bit pointless is there doesn't seem enough differences from the 6000 series to just create another range. I could understand making a special 6000 like they do in the other series - black titan, T edition or whatever term they're going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wongsky View Post
    Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great looking watch. But then I think the 6000 series is great looking too.

Not so great looking I'm personally motivated to buy one (I have a PRW-5100) but all the same, I do like their styling.

I think what I find a bit pointless is there doesn't seem enough differences from the 6000 series to just create another range. I could understand making a special 6000 like they do in the other series - black titan, T edition or whatever term they're going to use.
    I agree that both the 8000 and 6000 series look good, and I'm thinking of picking one up as my first Protrek. I get what you mean though about not different enough from the 6000 series, I guess it is just like GPW/MTG/MRG trio I mentioned earlier in that they share similar modules but with cases of different degree of metal/resin ratio

still waiting for a all-digital PRX with v3 sensor...
    r00t61 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    still waiting for a all-digital PRX with v3 sensor...
    I wanted a digital PRX a while back but I couldn't bring myself to buy one since they all had the old sensor. It is true we are overdue for a digital PRX with the updated electronics

A new Manaslu: PRX-8000T-7BJF

Look what I found searching through the web:

Name:  PRX-8000T 02.jpg
Views: 1526
Size:  209.9 KB

Name:  PRX-8000T-7BJF.jpg
Views: 2039
Size:  382.7 KB

I like it.
    Let's see it's price.... but I gues I won't like it....
    Nemo, r00t61, James142 and 3 others like this.

Brands:

Casio / Citizen / Mido / Orient / Tissot / Suunto / Seiko / Hamilton / Titan / Bucherer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information