PRW-1500YTJ-1JF...when will it be available?

Thread: PRW-1500YTJ-1JF...when will it be available?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PRW-1500YTJ-1JF...when will it be available?

Anyone have an idea when the limited "black" Ti edition of the new Pathfinder is coming out?

Here's a pic of the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF for reference:

I remember people speculated June as a release date. My brother's birthday is coming up and I'd like to surprise him with it
    IWC Porsche Design Bund, Ref. 3529
    JLC Memvox Tribute to Deep Sea
    Rolex Daytona SS
    Rolex Milgauss LV
    Kobold SMG-1 Tactical
    Longines Legend Diver
    MKII LRRP Milsub
    Accutron Spaceview II SS

Question Re: PRW-1500YTJ-1JF...when will it be available?

This is my favorite of the 1500 series, however it is difficult to justify the additional cost, $740 US on the Protrek Japan site and I have been quoted $612 by one of our favorite sellers. I know that the band is IP coated and DLC and the crystal is sapphire, other than this anyone aware of any other differences with the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

If the case was also titanium then the pricing would be much more attractive. At this price point there are a multitude of options in the watch world. I will wait until I see a PAW-1500/PRG-130 first hand before I finally decide, as I would also like the PRW-1100YTJ-1JF, I also prefer the cleaner and slightly larger display.

I remember reading that it will be available August, this may have been delivered, unfortunately I am not able to find the link, sorry for being speculative.

If the watch head is the same construction as the other PRW-1500; Casio could just put a black resin strap on it with the regular crystal, priced the same as PAW-1500-1V, I am sure that they would sell every unit. I know from my military service, objects that reflect and shine are avoided and $600 for a field watch is too much, a flat black 1500 for $350 would be a big hit with many.

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; June 24th, 2008 at 19:57.

Re: PRW-1500YTJ-1JF...when will it be available?

The "Black Titan limited" is already available only in Japan. I should be receiving mine next week from Higuchi-San. I'll post some pics as as soon as it arrives.

It should make for one awesome B-day gift for your Bro! Good luck man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    ... I know that the band is IP coated and DLC and the crystal is sapphire, other than this anyone aware of any other differences with the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF?

If the case was also titanium then the pricing would be much more attractive. At this price point there are a multitude of options in the watch world.
    Hi Q-6,

Do you mean that the case is not Ti? I'm so convinced that the case in this model was made of titanium, so I was going to get one, but if that's not the case I'll get a resin strap version. :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allanvalle View Post
    I'll post some pics as as soon as it arrives.

i bet the case still normal plastic. unless casio is watching this forum lol
    Rolex 116600 LN || Seiko SBDC033 || G-Shock GW9400-1 & G7800B1
    Omega SMP Quartz
    (on missus wrist)

Recently I'm also want a 1500 as well.

but what stops me is because I have a small wrist......

And 1500 seems pretty big...

I have read a lot of conflicting information regarding the “Black Titans”, I am now sure that the PRW-1100YTJ-1JF is a resin/stainless steel case, after looking at high res pictures the colour and composition of the case material looks identical to my PRG-80YT-1VDR, which I picked up for less than $180 and is now on a black resin strap for the field.

I am equally sure that the case material for the PRW-1500YTJ-1JF will be plastic/stainless steel , as many Japanese sites are now documenting this. So aside from the sapphire crystal & black ion plating with diamond like carbon protective coating, the watch does offer exclusivity and a killer look, however I don’t think I will be pulling the trigger.

I already have several Protrek`s and I buy them for the field use, and given the popularity of the PRG-80YT-1VDR, I would not at all be surprised if Casio does not release a similar version of the PAW-1500/PRG-130 at some point in the future.

Personally I am considering buying a PAW-1500-1V six months down the line and swapping the bezel for one off the titanium model, once Casio has stock of spares.

One last point, often the Japan release watches only take measurements using the metric system.

Q-6

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Hi Q-6,

Do you mean that the case is not Ti? I'm so convinced that the case in this model was made of titanium, so I was going to get one, but if that's not the case I'll get a resin strap version. :thanks

Wow I never thought Id be interested in another Pathfinder/ProTrek but this is nice. Im not into the Ti stuff so I hope it does come in resin.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

Have you looked at one of the 1300`s as they are significantly smaller, and offer several models. The PAW1300G-1V ( http://www.casio.com/products/images...00G-1V/xlarge/ ) offers versatility with a great look.

Q-6

Quote Originally Posted by jamesnikon View Post
    Recently I'm also want a 1500 as well.

but what stops me is because I have a small wrist......

And 1500 seems pretty big...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information