PRW-2000 coming to Europe

Thread: PRW-2000 coming to Europe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PRW-2000 coming to Europe

One UK website already has it listed as forthcoming.

Been eyeing these up. You know how much I love a gadget watch. But have there been any "real world" reviews of the 2000 series yet? Based on my experiences with the Suunto Core and Casio PRW-1300, I'm not 100% convinced by ABC watches. Love the concept, frustrated by the execution.
    Last edited by Seamaster73; August 31st, 2009 at 22:05.

Re: PRW-2000 coming to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    One UK website already has it listed as forthcoming.

Been eyeing these up. You know how much I love a gadget watch. But have there been any "real world" reviews of the 2000 series yet? Based on my experiences with the Suunto Core and Casio PRW-1300, I'm not 100% convinced by ABC watches. Love the concept, frustrated by the execution.
    What do you reckon with the price here? About right?or wait for a bit more. Just wondering how much is going to be the street price when the stock is leveling up?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tab%3DWatching
    Last edited by avohass; September 2nd, 2009 at 15:43.

Quote Originally Posted by avohass View Post
    What do you reckon with the price here? About right?or wait for a bit more. Just wondering how much is going to be the street price when the stock is leveling up?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tab%3DWatching
    Looks about right to me. I'm expecting to pay £225 to £250 GBP (€257 to €285 EUR) for one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Looks about right to me. I'm expecting to pay £225 to £250 GBP (€257 to €285 EUR) for one.
    2.6mm thinner than 1500GB, 9.9gm lighter. Duplex LCD.Even with my 1500GB I feel light enough....

Look like I have to pull the trigger on it pretty soon...

Interesting looking, I quite fancy a Protrek at some point, but have been put off by the size of the things.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

yeah, i kind of like this watch a lot. for anyone's reference, dctokyo has written and photographed this watch's fancy older brother here, so search (prx-2000) can return more info.

i'd like to see what color schemes casio comes up with, or even just a 'blacked out' version. one niggle... i do think they held back artificially with the feature set and should have put in a silencer-style tide function using the already present upper-left matrix. even better would be to be a little more liberal with their use of the matrix (ala their experiments on the baby-g series) and have that section fill the whole top third. i think casio is into 'saving' functions for various models (i.e. a hypothetical future prw-2200 now featuring tide) and specifically with the tide graph, they are into the big, obvious style of graph as used on the new frog- not my favorite design choice. and why not throw in moon phase just using text, i.e. "new, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full, -3/4, -1/2, -1/4, repeat".

here's a picture of the new watch at an angle i hadn't seen yet. this photo conveys a little chunkier style than the first shots, i think.

"It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

a forumite asked me about that photo. it was attached to a casio europe press release a couple weeks ago. (2mb image link) this is the 2000t with bracelet versus the plain prw-2000 that does look blacker and is resin.

this image really popped out at me for a couple reasons. one is how clear the main timekeeping screen is. another thought i have is the battery indicators. look at that 2mb image and notice the high indicator is on, with a shadow against a blank screen. what throws me are what appear to be green triangles printed where the m and l are. casio put these same green triangles behind mute, sig, and alarm- interesting. i also notice the bracelet looks a little under scale where it joins the watch. this model almost looks like it would take a semi-standard aftermarket strap.

here's a funky .gif [it's animated] that shows the strap wrist bumpers on the 2000.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

a- Tom- ic,

Great information about this model.

Those real photos really help give a better insight to the watch. It actually makes me want it more!

The display is exactly what I wanted. Simple and clean! But of course durable too!

Thanks!

Not sure about when it will hit Europe.

This watch came out last month here in Japan.
    But here in Japan, we are still waiting for it, it is nowhere to be found, I have looked everywhere for it.

It is smaller and lighter than the PRW-1300. A must have watch for me as the 2000 series rock.
    My Collection so far:
    CASIO: PRX-2000YT-1JF * PRX-2000T-7JF * PRW-60

dctokyo please let us know when you "see" it!

Released in Japan but nowhere to be found?

They keep us in such suspense.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information