PRW-2000 Unboxing
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PRW-2000 Unboxing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PRW-2000 Unboxing

Today, my local dealer had good news for me: the PRW-2000 had arrived just in time for the weekend. Time to release it from it's wooden box...

First impressions:
    The watch has a substantial size, and although being pretty slim, it doesn't feel "flimsy". On the wrist, it looks even bigger than a, say, "Riseman" GW-9200. I like the knurling of the metal ring: it's very precisely machined and lets the watch look fairly expensive. The top-section of the metal ring is quite shallow, which adds to the "flat" look of the watch, but I'm afraid that this layout will be a "scratch magnet".

The wristband is nicely structured and feels thicker than a typical G-shock band. It isn't, though. The facetted sides just trick the eye. But it's more flexible, and feels rather rubber-like, compared to the G-shock's polyurethane.

I like the colors of my new PRW-2000: the case and the band are not flat black, but anthracite. The display has a nice light blue background. The letters on the display are printed very crisp, but pretty small.

What's not to like?
    The double-layer LCD is cool, and the compass-indicators are very crisp. But the normal numbers are fading a bit on different viewing angles. This LCD is no match to the latest G-Shock displays in terms of contrast. I guess this is a trade-off of the double-layer technology.

Please have a look at the pictures, and the obligatory wrist-shot. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Ralphee; September 5th, 2009 at 19:33.
    Quadka likes this.

Re: PRW-2000 Unboxing

Sweeeeeet!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations Ralphee on your new watch and the first real-life photos I've seen of the PRW-2000.

Please post some photos of the barometer and altimeter mode displays, especially the graphs.

Konrad.

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."

-- GK Chesterton

This forum is turning me into a dreadful consumer.
    Ticking Away the Moments that Make Up a Dull Day

Lookin good!! I was hopeing to recieve my new Riseman in time for the holiday weekend because its been close to two weeks, but I always forget everytime I order a watch from Singapore it seems to come by way of slow pack mule.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Looks awesome - waaaaaaaaaaaaay better looking than the titanium version or the other metallic banded variants that have come out - nice choice.

Good looking watch!

The pictures of the actual watch are great to see. It makes my decision much easier and more expensive!

I like the strap on it too!

cool ralph, i think you've won the distinction of first in-possession post.

this is a little chunkier than i was expecting. i think i prefer the buttons that are more exposed on the prx-2000t version. of course i prefer the price of the resin model! the tongue on that buckle is kind of snazzy. and hey- duplex is back! thanks again and enjoy the watch. looks like a good fit on your wrist.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Very nice, but it does not share the same backplate as the prx-2000t version, I thought it would
    My Collection so far:
    CASIO: PRX-2000YT-1JF * PRX-2000T-7JF * PRW-60

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information