PRW-6000Y or GWN-1000C?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: PRW-6000Y or GWN-1000C?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PRW-6000Y or GWN-1000C?

I am considering both of these (only would be getting one). Which would you recommend and why?

I like the looks and size of the PRW better. I like the toughness of the Gulfmaster but worried it is too bizarre and large. I am concerned the PRW might feel too light and cheap.

Re: PRW-6000Y or GWN-1000C?

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I am considering both of these (only would be getting one). Which would you recommend and why?

I like the looks and size of the PRW better. I like the toughness of the Gulfmaster but worried it is too bizarre and large. I am concerned the PRW might feel too light and cheap.
    I choose the Gulfmaster for beauty and construction.

Good luck.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I had both and I have kept the Gulfmaster.
    The PRW 6000 is very solid. Nicely made and sturdy enough.
    It's thin and large.
    But I considered a serious issues to have almost no lume on the hands. Only the point is luminscent.
    It's not a big deal as you got two LED but still: I do love the wide and luminescent hands on the Gulfmaster.
    Both watches got also a metallic bezel. On both I was not able to get a single scratch.

The band on the PRW6000 can be a carbon fiber reinforced.
    The band on the GWN1000 is incredibly confortable.

FYI the upcoming in October Mudmaster will have the same module as the PRW6000.

I do prefer the module of the Gulfmaster as the analogic Tide Graph is really nice to use.
    Also the moon age function is smething missing on the PRW6000.

But really my main concern was the absence of "serious" lume on the PRW6000 hands.
    YMMV.
    Rocat, alexs12 and raceclawt like this.
    Currently wearing "Moby" my Gulfmaster Quad Sensor GWN-Q1000-7AER

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post

It depends on you, I prefer prw-6000 looks and size and if you dont need tide graph go for pro trek!!

I have both (my PRW-6000 is on a titanium bracelet). I had a PRW-6000 on strap but sold it. It did feel rather light, but certainly not cheap. It has a quality look and feel to it, more so than any other Protrek I've had. Also made in Japan. (or at least, it was when I got it. Gulfmasters were originally made in Japan too, but now are being cased in Thailand)

However, I prefer the module of the Gulfmaster. I like the moon age and tide graph. And yes, it is large. (though the 6000 is by no means small!) Of course, 'bizarre' is in the mind of the beholder, but I think the Gulfmaster, esp. the 1000C model, looks fantastic. The Gulfmaster's strap is supremely soft and comfortable too.

I don't intend to sell my PRW-6000 or Gulfmaster. If I had to keep only one of the two, that would be a very tough choice. But in the end I think I'd go with the GWN-1000C.

FWIW, one of the reasons the PRW-6000 stands out in my mind is probably the reason I'd choose the Gulfie over it -- and that is, the Protrek appears a little too 'dressy' for an ABC watch. I don't really want my ABC watch to look like that. The Gulfmaster, on the other hand, looks very nice but at the same time, like it could handle much rougher treatment. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Time4Playnow; July 26th, 2015 at 01:26.
    Deepsea_dweller, alexs12 and Nemo like this.

I was in same dilemma for months. prw 6000Y or gulfmaster C version.

I ended up buying the gulfmaster.I got it cheapr than 6000 and it looks and feels better than it

I don't own the pro trek, but I must say that the unique lug design on the Gulfmaster allows it to hug the wrist like no other G-Shock that I've worn. I'd venture to say that it might just be the most comfortable (resin banded) G in my collection.

Thanks for the feedback. Still a tough decision. Will try to see them in person sometime

Banned

i will take the gulf master for the looks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information