PRX-8000T clasp problem.....
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Time4Playnow

Thread: PRX-8000T clasp problem.....

PRX-8000T clasp problem.....

I added a link to the bracelet and adjusted the sliding clasp. Put the watch on and close the double lock clasp it slips out of the adjustment.
    Has anyone else had this issue with a sliding clasp on their PRX-8000 or PRW-7000? Am I over looking something on the clasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PRX-8000T clasp problem.....

Quote Originally Posted by gshocKen81 View Post
    I added a link to the bracelet and adjusted the sliding clasp. Put the watch on and close the double lock clasp it slips out of the adjustment.
    Has anyone else had this issue with a sliding clasp on their PRX-8000 or PRW-7000? Am I over looking something on the clasp?

Why don't you post a photo & highlight the 'sliding' problem. I haven't a clue on that watch, but have pottered around with watches for over 4 decades, and there's loads of other experienced 'potters' on here - we just need to know what the heck you're talking about...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by gshocKen81 View Post

I have a similar bracelet and clasp on the PRW-7000 but have not had any problems. Once you adjust the clasp using the sliding mechanism, it should remain locked unless/until both buttons are pressed on either side of the clasp. If it is moving out of adjustment when locked and when those two buttons have not been depressed, then it's probably defective.

Note: when you remove the watch from your wrist, you have to press both buttons to open the clasp, so there is a slight chance then that the clasp adjustment could move out of position. However, before putting the watch ON --- if the clasp is open, and you adjust the clasp with the sliding adjustor and then put the watch on immediately afterward, it should definitely stay locked when you put the watch ON your wrist, because the clasp buttons do not need to be pressed to put it on your wrist and close the clasp. It's only when you go to take it OFF that there could be an issue...

For those of you who have not seen this type of clasp adjustor, the following diagram might be helpful:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the help. Is it possible the fold over clasp might be to tight and make contact with the two release buttons and cause it to slip out of adjustment.

I have worn mine very snug before without issue. IMO it would have to be VERY tight - uncomfortably tight - before you might run into any problems from that..

Have a PRX-8000T no problems here, both buttons need to be depressed for the quick adjust to allow the links to move.

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; August 21st, 2017 at 05:23.

Thread Information