Purchasing Japan market models and Moet of Japan.
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Purchasing Japan market models and Moet of Japan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchasing Japan market models and Moet of Japan.

I reviewed Sedi’s sticky post, so I don’t think I’m violating Forum rules.

I just wanted to make mention of purchasing Japan market models. With one exception, I have purchased my fine G Shocks only from Moet of Japan. I found there storefront stock listing on Amazon. They have many models that are unique to the Japan market.

The service of Moet of Japan is exceptional.
    Expedited delivery truly means expedited delivery. Packaging is first rate. Tracking as well.
    When I have emailed them with a question, I get a reply within hours. I thought I was going to have a problem with the shipping of two Watches I’ve recently purchased, but after two emails the issue was rectified in the most courteous manner in one hour.

With premium Watches that I have gotten from Moet, they include a Go-yen with the Watch. This is a very kind note in a handsome envelope with the good luck 5 Yen Go-Yen coin.

Here is a copy of the last email they sent to me after quickly resolving a shipping/billing issue.

Thank you so much for your purchase many times. You are a very special customer for us. We wish you will receive a lot of "Go-yen" from us in the future. We will do our best for yours' satisfaction. We are grateful to have business with you.
    Kindest regards, Moet Japan

The reason I posted this was to inform the Forum. I’ve read many posts where I hear people holding there breath when they purchase a pricey Watch on eBay.
    No need to worry with Moet of Japan.
    Last edited by MainePorsche; October 19th, 2017 at 10:36. Reason: spelling

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Re: Purchasing Japan market models and Moet of Japan.

...and I have no affiliation with them. They are a large electronic retailer in Japan.

Timepieces

Always great to find a competent and trusted retailer, especially when it comes to our wrist babies.
    MainePorsche and Time4Playnow like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's nice that you found a trusted seller you are happy with.

Couple questions.. Are you buying direct from Moet (their own website?) or buying from them thru Amazon? Sounded like the latter. If buying from them thru Amazon, are you then getting the 2-yr Amazon warranty thru Asurion?

I've bought from a number of different Japanese sellers via Amazon. (not Moet, though) But I always look carefully first at their feedback ratings, and so far, have never had a problem.

Internet says:
    Epal2Apol, xevious and kubr1ck like this.

I googled Moet too and it gave me the Moet champagne. LOL
    kubr1ck likes this.

‘Moet Of Japan’ is apparently an entity in name on Amazon. The name on the shipping label I forgot, but it ships from some logistics center. I assume from this that it is a retailer in Japan that uses the name ‘Moet’ for its Amazon business. Their ratings on Amazon were good. Total number not that high so the two negative reviews in one quarter lowered them to 93%. One was the client received an empty box, and the other was a gamer who got the wrong video game. Something tells me these were easy fixes for the entity on Amazon.
    On ebay there is a quality in name only ‘vendor’ from where I get my straps and bezels. Their retail shop is I believe in Tel Aviv, but if you google the name FinestTime you’ll only find reference to the name only entity on eBay.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Timepieces

Do you have to have an account on Amazon Japan or will regular account suffice?

I remember some time ago I tried to purchase something from Japan and failed miserably...

Thanks

Edit: I do know how to buy from Seitz and Chino.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by samael_6978 View Post
    Do you have to have an account on Amazon Japan or will regular account suffice?

I remember some time ago I tried to purchase something from Japan and failed miserably...

Thanks

Edit: I do know how to buy from Seitz and Chino.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

A regular Amazon account is all you need.

For a watch you want to buy, pull it up on Amazon, then go to the far right of the page where it says "Other sellers on Amazon" and click that page open. There you will see a list of ALL sellers who are selling that watch. If any of the listings say "Ships from Japan" - then that is a Japanese seller. Here's an example, and look - there's "Moet Japan"! From that page you can click on their seller ratings, review their feedback, etc. Doing it that way, it's SUPER easy to buy from Japan.

Out of this list, I've used "Japan Treasure Factory" and "Premium-Japan." Both are fast and reliable. Japan Treasure Factory does not provide tags (Japanese price tag) with the watches though because the tags do not come with the watches from their wholesaler. (watches are 100% legit though) Premium-Japan to my recollection, does have the tags with the watches. "Japan Treasure Factory" also has its own website where you can buy directly from them, and prices are lower than on Amazon... I got my D1000B Frog from them.

BTW, this example was from an MTG-G1000 listing that I just pulled up to get a list of Japan-based sellers...

Last edited by Time4Playnow; October 20th, 2017 at 01:26.
    WES51 and kubr1ck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Out of this list, I've used "Japan Treasure Factory" and "Premium-Japan." Both are fast and reliable. Japan Treasure Factory does not provide tags (Japanese price tag) with the watches though because the tags do not come with the watches from their wholesaler. (watches are 100% legit though) Premium-Japan to my recollection, does have the tags with the watches. "Japan Treasure Factory" also has its own website where you can buy directly from them, and prices are lower than on Amazon... I got my D1000B Frog from them.
    I bought my Gulfman GW-9110-1 from Premium-Japan on Amazon, with no problems.
    Time4Playnow and Desert like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information