Putting GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet on DW-5600 - Do I need new spring bars?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Putting GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet on DW-5600 - Do I need new spring bars?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Putting GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet on DW-5600 - Do I need new spring bars?

New member, first post, first G-Shock.

Hello all. So as mentioned in the thread title, I have a DW-5600MS. I absolutely love it but I prefer a bracelet. I plan to buy the GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet from Tiktox.com. A couple of questions...

1. Is Tiktox the best place to buy it from? I live in the Detroit, MI area (USA) and I cannot seem to find it shipped for less in my country.
    2. Second, do I need different spring bars for the bracelet or do I use the ones from my resin band that came on the watch? If so, which ones do I need and where is the best place to get them?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

-Jason
    Last edited by JDebler; January 28th, 2014 at 03:50.

Re: Putting GW-M5600BC Combi Bracelet on DW-5600 - Do I need new spring bars?

1. I got mine from Tiktox; I'm not sure where else to get one. Their service was fast and professional. You may be able to save on shipping if you check their Amazon storefront for pricing.
    2. The bracelet uses the same springbars as the DW-5600 strap, nothing exotic.

Thanks for the quick reply!

UGH...I had one in my cart, and now it is out of stock. Drat.

I tried looking for their Amazon store, but couldn't locate it. Do you happen to have a link?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's their Amazon storefront, but it looks like they are out of stock.

I think they stock it regularly, though.

Thanks again for the help!

You're welcome, and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to WUS!

Quote Originally Posted by JDebler View Post

1. Is Tiktox the best place to buy it from? I live in the Detroit, MI area (USA) and I cannot seem to find it shipped for less in my country.
    2. Second, do I need different spring bars for the bracelet or do I use the ones from my resin band that came on the watch? If so, which ones do I need and where is the best place to get them?

1. You don't say where you've tried shopping here in the US, but you might want to try PacParts, who can get it for $102.64, or you might try going directly through Casio USA. TimeUpWatches has it for $91.80 plus shipping.

2. You should be able to use the same standard 16mm springbars that came on your watch. If you've had your watch for a while and suspect that you MIGHT have stressed the existing springbars, any parts supplier that can get that bracelet should carry the springbars as well. PacParts' site has them listed as $0.58 each in that first link above.

The correct spring bars for the composite bracelet have a thinner shell then the spring bars used in the resin band. When you have the correct spring bars for the bracelet you will see they actually move smoothly thru the end pieces. The thicker spring bars can still be used with the bracelet but they will be much moretight in the end pieces and make it alot more difficult to install.
    Last edited by sspartan; January 28th, 2014 at 17:45.

So here's an update...

Last night when the item was out of stock, I emailed Tiktox and asked when they would have more in. I got a reply rather quickly afterward, stating that they had a couple more and updated the website accordingly. I placed my order!

My current spring bars are in great shape, but I will order the correct ones just to be...correct. :)

I appreciate the help from everyone!
    Mike K likes this.

If the bracelet is anything like the strap converters, you may want to try normal springbars that are a bit thinner than the regular Casio ones. Every time I've tried to put the strap adapters one, I have a horrible time of it unless I use generic springbars, which go in with no problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information