Query on Tough Solar + Multiband 6. Help Needed!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Query on Tough Solar + Multiband 6. Help Needed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Query on Tough Solar + Multiband 6. Help Needed!

Hi fellow G-Shockers! Cognac here~~

Cut to the chase, I'm looking specifically for a G-Shock with ALL of these specs (for work wear):

1) Tough Solar
    2) Multiband 6
    3) As black as possible.
    4) Maximum USD$150

I have 1 watch in mind right now:

GW-2310FB
    Name:  GW-2310FB-1JR_l.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  57.8 KB

Negative displays are ok. Any shape is okay. What is really important are the four points I listed. As I'm not too familiar with the territory of Tough Solar + Multiband 6 Gs, I would like to seek help from fellow pro forumers and see if there are any more nicer, cheaper models out there. Thanks in advance for time spent replying!

cheers~
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Re: Query on Tough Solar + Multiband 6. Help Needed!

Analog or digital? For digital one, I recommend AWGM100B for the price limit.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376849479966.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376849512566.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  93.5 KB

Maybe a GW-6900-1? It has no negative display but it's pretty black .

Cheers, Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm going to throw the GW-810BD into your mix because I bought one on ebay on a whim and I love it! I just love the design and in person it's nice and compact, too. It's very black with a black bracelet...

Now, it is only Multiband 5 rather than 6. It's one transmitter down, I cannot remember which, it absolutely does not bother me but depends where you live I guess.
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

multiband 6 adds china - to those in the 5 - being uk, germany, usa and two japanese ones (one being fukishima). The original atomic didnt have uk/germany - I have MRG-3000 and MRG-2100 which don't receive signals in the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    Analog or digital? For digital one, I recommend AWGM100B for the price limit.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376849479966.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376849512566.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  93.5 KB

Erm, is it tough solar? I'm not too sure but I don't see the wordings though... =/

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Maybe a GW-6900-1? It has no negative display but it's pretty black .

Cheers, Sedi
    I was thinking of this too..but is it lesser than USD$150?

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm going to throw the GW-810BD into your mix because I bought one on ebay on a whim and I love it! I just love the design and in person it's nice and compact, too. It's very black with a black bracelet...

Now, it is only Multiband 5 rather than 6. It's one transmitter down, I cannot remember which, it absolutely does not bother me but depends where you live I guess.

oh, like I said, I need it to be Multiband 6..but thank u so much for your suggestion! looks like a pretty neat watch to have though.. =)
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

GW7900b-1?

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1376858889645.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  63.5 KB

sent with aloha
    Cognac0113 likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post
    Hi fellow G-Shockers! Cognac here~~

Cut to the chase, I'm looking specifically for a G-Shock with ALL of these specs (for work wear):

1) Tough Solar
    2) Multiband 6
    3) As black as possible.
    4) Maximum USD$150

I have 1 watch in mind right now:

GW-2310FB
    Name:  GW-2310FB-1JR_l.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  57.8 KB

Negative displays are ok. Any shape is okay. What is really important are the four points I listed. As I'm not too familiar with the territory of Tough Solar + Multiband 6 Gs, I would like to seek help from fellow pro forumers and see if there are any more nicer, cheaper models out there. Thanks in advance for time spent replying!

cheers~
    I have one of those GW-2310s pictured above. It's got one of the best negative displays I've seen, but still more difficult to read during daytime than a positive display. Looks fabulous in the dark. It's well suited for smaller wrists. Not much left-over strap on 7.5" wrists.

If you work with your hands, lower profile watches tend to be less frustrating by not getting caught on stuff and letting you get your hand and wrist into tight spots without having to remove the watch. Mechanics know what I mean ;) Being a US release, the GW-M5610 can be had for well under $150 but if you want the reverse display, the GW-M5610-1BJF from Japan comes in about $200.00
    Cognac0113 likes this.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post
    Erm, is it tough solar? I'm not too sure but I don't see the wordings though... =/
    Tough solar. Multi band 6. Hand moving out of digital display. Low profile. This is a great watch.

http://www.casio-usa.com/products/Wa...k/AWGM100B-1A/

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Stealthiest Multiband 6 atomic/solar under $150? You have all your answers already in the posts above :)

I find the GW-2310s quite a compact and small G; the GW-7900B-1 has a bigger display and would probably suit a bigger wrist, but I would mod those decorative screws and replace them with the sturdier black plastic ones that you find on the G-7900s and GW-7900R - it would give it a stealthier look :)

BTW, the AWG-M100s are Multiband 6 and Tough solars, there isn't a current atomic model that isn't solar as well... it's also a good choice if you like an analogue display for quick glancing at the time and easier reading in low light compared to the other negative displays. Otherwise for work I wouldn't discount a good ol' square - GW-M5610, it's slim, compact and lightweight, but of course has all the benefits of a classic G, if you can stretch your budget a bit, the GW-M5610BC is a very nice piece :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information