• 1 Post By Worker
  • 1 Post By aalin13
  • 1 Post By James142
  • 1 Post By Worker
  • 1 Post By aalin13

Thread: Question About The Beast Vs. MTG-S1000

Question About The Beast Vs. MTG-S1000

Hi guys,

I hope this doesn't come off sounding too ignorant, but wanted to ask a question about the GPW-1000.

I know it only has the 24 minute stopwatch, but I have read that is equipped with a much longer countdown timer. Do any of you, say when you need to time something for an unspecified duration, simply set the timer for for something like 12 hours and then subtract to get the time elapsed?

I'm trying to make a decision between this and the MTG-S1000 that has the two hour stopwatch. Attempting to get some ideas about both. Heck, if any of you have both I would love to hear your thoughts!!

Thanks for any help!! :)
    Last edited by Worker; July 16th, 2015 at 05:17.

Re: Question About The Beast Vs. MTG-S1000

I have the MRG-G1000 which has the same basic module as the GPW-1000. I mainly use it as a traditional 3 hand watch though, on top of the 24 minutes limitation, the sub dials are also a bit small for easy reading of elapsed time. I stick to my digital G's if I want to use the timing functions, otherwise I actually rely on my phone quite a bit if I'm wearing my MRG

The MTG has the ability to time longer intervals, but the sub dials are still rather small for easy reading
    Time4Playnow and Chrisek like this.

Thanks for the input aalin13. You're right about being able to utilize the phone if needed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the GPW and MTG, but I don't use either of them with the stopwatch or CD timer. Not only are the sub dials small, but the stopwatch/CDT works so much better/easier on a digital watch, that I always use digital for those features.

About the only feature I use the GPW & MTG for, other than time/date, is world time. For this, the WT sub dial on the MTG is quite a bit larger than the one on the GPW. The MTG's sub dial is also 12 hr vice 24 hr on the GPW.
    aalin13 likes this.

Thanks time4playnow. Good to hear from someone who has both!!
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    I have the GPW and MTG, but I don't use either of them with the stopwatch or CD timer. Not only are the sub dials small, but the stopwatch/CDT works so much better/easier on a digital watch, that I always use digital for those features.

About the only feature I use the GPW & MTG for, other than time/date, is world time. For this, the WT sub dial on the MTG is quite a bit larger than the one on the GPW. The MTG's sub dial is also 12 hr vice 24 hr on the GPW.
    Agree with you on the WT function, that is a handy thing to have. This has me thinking though, with GPS watches, it'll automatically adjust DST for home time, does it do the same for world time?

Edit: I just looked at my MRG with the WT set to LAX, and it seems to be showing the correct time with DST, whereas on my non GPS Gs, the WT for LAX is an hour behind
    Last edited by aalin13; July 16th, 2015 at 06:20.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

I have the MTG and MRG, but not the GPW.

I find the CDT on both to be small but useful and I use it on both occasionally.

I do not use the SW on the MRG because 24 minutes is hardly adequate for most situations.
    Chrisek likes this.

Thank you for the help everyone!!
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Agree with you on the WT function, that is a handy thing to have. This has me thinking though, with GPS watches, it'll automatically adjust DST for home time, does it do the same for world time?

Edit: I just looked at my MRG with the WT set to LAX, and it seems to be showing the correct time with DST, whereas on my non GPS Gs, the WT for LAX is an hour behind
    Yes -- only the G's with the GPS feature automatically set the DST time for each time zone. But to my knowledge, this doesn't actually happen from the GPS signal -- but instead from a table stored in the watch's memory. Still it's pretty cool that it is done automatically!!

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Yes -- only the G's with the GPS feature automatically set the DST time for each time zone. But to my knowledge, this doesn't actually happen from the GPS signal -- but instead from a table stored in the watch's memory. Still it's pretty cool that it is done automatically!!
    Definitely a cool feature, but it would have been even better if the DST adjustment is done via GPS, as DST dates can change at times. This is really handy though, it makes it the perfect travel watch
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Thread Information