Question About E-Bay and Casio International Warranty (in the E.U.)

Thread: Question About E-Bay and Casio International Warranty (in the E.U.)

Question About E-Bay and Casio International Warranty (in the E.U.)

Hi all,

I live in the European Union. If I buy a watch from E-bay from a supposed authorised dealer and it comes with a shop V.A.T. receipt / regular invoice but the Casio International Warranty card is not signed, stamped and dated, does this mean my warranty is valid? Or does the Casio International Warranty card need to be signed, stamped and dated for my warranty to be valid?

By the warranty card, I mean is the small rectangular paper card found in the instruction manual.

Thank you, regards,
    Claudio. :thanks

Re: Question About E-Bay and Casio International Warranty (in the E.U.)

I'm not sure, but none of the G's I've ever bought have arrived faulty.

Maybe worth asking your local Casio office, as it's them who you would have to convince in the event of a problem anyway.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

This has implications not just for the condition of the watch at the initial purchase, but through the whole warranty period (in the case, it's two years).

Thanks,
    Claudio.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally, I wouldn't worry. Casios are very rarely faulty or very rarely go faulty.

They are also without serial numbers so all I ever do is go to the Casio website and register them online. It activates automatically and that should be all you ever need whether you have paperwork or not.

I've previously contacted Casio UK about an Oceanus I purchased on eBay from a US seller and they said so long as you have proof of purchase (shop receipt, Paypal invoice etc.) they will honour the International Warranty, which is 2 years as standard on most models.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTime643 View Post
    I've previously contacted Casio UK about an Oceanus I purchased on eBay from a US seller and they said so long as you have proof of purchase (shop receipt, Paypal invoice etc.) they will honour the International Warranty, which is 2 years as standard on most models.
    Cool, that's what the seller said also. If anyone has different experiences, please let me know! Regards to you all :).

Thread Information