Question about Earthtone Mudman availability...

Thread: Question about Earthtone Mudman availability...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about Earthtone Mudman availability...

So here's the deal. I have the opportunity to grab a G9300ER-5 for $220. Now I have the money but my other half will probably be pretty mad and I would be in the dog house for a bit (which I am prepared to deal with). My question is are these going to just get harder to find or will it get easier? I have been looking for one since it was announced and I missed that initial batch on the bay for $220 and have been kicking myself ever since, I just don't want to miss out and be waitiing months for another deal close to MSRP to present itself. What are your thoughts?

Re: Question about Earthtone Mudman availability...

Quote Originally Posted by tomd1107 View Post
    So here's the deal. I have the opportunity to grab a G9300ER-5 for $220. Now I have the money but my other half will probably be pretty mad and I would be in the dog house for a bit (which I am prepared to deal with). My question is are these going to just get harder to find or will it get easier? I have been looking for one since it was announced and I missed that initial batch on the bay for $220 and have been kicking myself ever since, I just don't want to miss out and be waitiing months for another deal close to MSRP to present itself. What are your thoughts?

Personally, I would get it. This is a limited edition model and prices will only go up. $20 over MSRP isn't bad.

EMT

Get it, I got mine for $220 from a seller on ebay, now the same seller sells them for $320 which is about the average price for them now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

According GPS it's not discontinued. I hope it's not going to be very limited, like the yellow Frogman, which was recently discontinued, while the blue/gray was being released.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    Last edited by Sjors; June 6th, 2012 at 06:47.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I'm going to buy it. I just have to wait for a call saying that its in. I went to a local Zumies on Sunday and asked the guy if he was expecting any Earthtone Mudmans (Mudmen?), he didn't know what I was talking about but he went to the computer and checked his inventory. He told me he would call the corporate office the next day (Monday) and see if he could locate one from another store and give me a call one way or the other. I wasn't expecting him to call but sure enough around 1pm I got a call from him stating he located one in AZ and it would be at the store by the end of the week. Pretty cool of him to do that if you ask me. On a side note, while he was checking the inventory on the computer I notice what their cost was for the watch and it was $110 if anyone was curious.

Their cost is not $110. The watch retails for $200 meaning they pay $100. Zumiez jacks their prices up at least ten dollars over retail. Now, with that said, I also got my Earthtone Mudman from Zumiez. This model is even more limited than the Smoky Gray Mudman was, and look at those prices now. As an example, we received 5 Smoky Gray Mudman watches and only one of the Earthtone. As an authorized Casio retailer I can honestly say I didn't mind paying 10% over full retail because this watch rocks. Anyone interested PM me and I'll give you the SKU to possibly locate this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tomd1107 View Post
    So here's the deal. I have the opportunity to grab a G9300ER-5 for $220. Now I have the money but my other half will probably be pretty mad and I would be in the dog house for a bit (which I am prepared to deal with).

How's the doghouse working out for ya? Did you commit?

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

It would be interesting to have an ear on the CASIO G-Shock product management team meetings. I wonder if they "throttle" production based on various marketing cues, exercising more of a "just in time" production policy. Do you intentionally starve production to enrich your retailers who can charge more for an item that is in demand, then later satisfy demand partially with an inventory restocking that you know is a bit short, causing an escalation in consumer fervor over it? Or do you produce a large batch with the expectation that "It's a G-Shock--it will sell", and leave it at that?

In any case, I hope they realize that if the khaki Mudman is having inventory problems that they'll keep producing it. If the demand is there, why not keep making it? Higher than average MSRP resale doesn't increase CASIO's profit. It's the wholesale price that governs their revenue stream.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

With the exception of the G9300-1, they've all been one and done releases: GB-1, GY-1, ER-5... The demand is certainly there; I'm not sure what the justification is behind the small releases.

Called them today. They said it wasn't in today's shipment but should be in tomorrow or Saturday by the latest. The...wait...is...killing...me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information