Question about modding a GWM5610

Thread: Question about modding a GWM5610

Question about modding a GWM5610

I found a thread on this a while back but can't seem to find it anymore so I am hoping one of you can help me! Here's the story:

I have a GWM5610 and what I want to do with it is replace the crystal with that from a GWM5610BC. The only change I want to make is to have the monochromatic crystal and keep the module, case, bezel, strap etc from my current watch. Is there a way to do this? Does anyone know if they are even interchangeable like that? And if they are, is there any place I can buy just a crystal or do I need to get a whole watch for the part?

Re: Question about modding a GWM5610

Try pacparts.com

They sell Casio parts.

Quote Originally Posted by samael_6978 View Post
    Try pacparts.com

They sell Casio parts.
    Thanks for that link, it seems they have plenty of spare parts. Can anyone comment on the difficulty of swapping the glass like this though? Would I need anything other than just the new glass? Like how does it attach, some kind of adhesive?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm actually waiting for you to do it ;) I have G5600 that needs LCD swapped.

I have been thinking about this idea and after looking at pacparts some more, I see that they sell a "case center," is that the part that seals the module in and keeps it free of water and so on? I found this photo, I am guessing the case center is the metal case that has the glass attached and has the module slide in to the back?

http://mygshock.com/pics/Dismantling...ly-Parts-1.jpg

if that is the case, does anyone know if ordering the case center from pacparts also includes the glass? I was thinking it would be easier to just buy a center for the 56510bc-1 and swap it with that of my 5610-1. They use the same module so I am assuming they will all fit together interchangeably. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

Thread Information