Question about pricing for two near identical g's

Thread: Question about pricing for two near identical g's

Question about pricing for two near identical g's

Hello all,

Looking at getting my first gshock. I've decided I'm particularly fond of the style/features of the GW7900's, and after reading many posts here I think I'd prefer the positive display version, but there seems to be a pretty large price discrepency between the two. The average deal I seem to find on the negative display is about $128 and then the best price I can find for the positive display jumps all the way up to $185!!! None of the threads I could find have discussed this and I was wondering if anyone knew why the difference or more importantly if there is a place I can purchase the positive display for around the same price as the neg display. After all, they are basically the same specs/features, right? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Tissot Seastar 1000 silver -------Oceanus OCWM800TBA-1A--------Bulova Precisionist 96b132 --------Orient 'Elite' FET0H001B-------Seiko 5 Pepsi SNZF15K1 -------Invicta 9937ce -------------G-Shock Gw7900b-1 ---------Seiko SKX007------- Panerai Homage x2--------Rotary Chronospeed----------G-Shock GD100-1A-----------Seiko Orange Monster----------Orient Mako XL----------Seiko "Atlas" SKZ209J1

Re: Question about pricing for two near identical g's

how about this
    http://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio-...p99934367.html

is about $145. i guess the neg display model isnt as popular as the pos.
    Last edited by heikis; May 12th, 2012 at 09:43.
    shitapple

Negative display GW-7900 is more popular than positive, it's more stealthy and looks much cooler in my opinion but positive is more legible.
    Have a great day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well I know this topic has been discussed here ad nauseam, but if the negative display version is cheaper because it is in fact more popular, I would take that to mean that most of the people who order them must find the ledgibilty of the negative display to be pretty acceptible or at least a non issue. The only reason I was leaning toward the positive display was strictly ledgibility, and it's not so easy to tell in the video reviews I've seen online. Every video seems to have different lighting. I'm really not that picky of a person, if I could find a positive display one for same price or close, I'd probably jump on it. If not I guess I could get a negative display and if it just turns out to be horrible I could probably flip it.

By the way, thanks for the suggestion Heikis. That is a step in the right direction for price. Your link is to a UK site and I've noticed that most of the postive display versions are sold from vendors outside of the US and most neg display sold from in US. Wonder if that has something to do with pricing.
    Tissot Seastar 1000 silver -------Oceanus OCWM800TBA-1A--------Bulova Precisionist 96b132 --------Orient 'Elite' FET0H001B-------Seiko 5 Pepsi SNZF15K1 -------Invicta 9937ce -------------G-Shock Gw7900b-1 ---------Seiko SKX007------- Panerai Homage x2--------Rotary Chronospeed----------G-Shock GD100-1A-----------Seiko Orange Monster----------Orient Mako XL----------Seiko "Atlas" SKZ209J1

Thread Information