Question About Solar Powered G-shocks

Thread: Question About Solar Powered G-shocks

Question About Solar Powered G-shocks

When do you replace a solar powered rechargeable-battery? i was wondering if you need to replace it in the future. If not so basically you never have to change it?

Re: Question About Solar Powered G-shocks

You only need to replace it if it shows problems holding a charge. Most people do not need to do it at all.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

I have either read or heard that in about 25 years cell replacement may be required. For me, that is almost the rest of my life.
    So many watches, so little time.
    BC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ radicalp

EVERY battery needs to be replaced at some point, because no matter what it's chemistry is, nothing will last forever. the best you can do with a solar powered watch, is to keep it always fully charged. if you don't wear it, place it on a window sill. every serious discharged over a longer periode leads inevitable to a shorter battery life.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    @ radicalp

EVERY battery needs to be replaced at some point, because no matter what it's chemistry is, nothing will last forever. the best you can do with a solar powered watch, is to keep it always fully charged. if you don't wear it, place it on a window sill. every serious discharged over a longer periode leads inevitable to a shorter battery life.
    cheers
    Well Said!
    I keep mine near the window while not in use. Your owners manual says what battery is in there so you know what to replace it with. (A google search will help you find your replacement) Mine is about 8 years old and still going fine, but every once in a while the charge says zero and the watch is in hibernation. So not sure what is up with that.
    SS White Daytona Z serial
    TT Blue Yachtmaster Z serial
    PAM 88 M

My oldest is 8 or 9 years old, and still holds a charge perfectly. It has spent some months in the dark and never fell below medium charge. The good thing is that it can be recharged easily on the wrist or in a window in a few hours. I still take it swimming, etc. and have never checked or changed the gaskets either.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan614B View Post
    Mine is about 8 years old and still going fine, but every once in a while the charge says zero and the watch is in hibernation. So not sure what is up with that.
    I am eating my words. I think the battery is crapping out. the watch goes in and out constantly. I think the battery needs to be replaced (or at least I hope it is the battery) It has been in the sun more in the past 30 days that it has been in the last 9 months... so I know it's not under charged.
    SS White Daytona Z serial
    TT Blue Yachtmaster Z serial
    PAM 88 M

Wink Re: Question About Solar Powered G-shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Evan614B View Post
    I am eating my words. I think the battery is crapping out. the watch goes in and out constantly. I think the battery needs to be replaced (or at least I hope it is the battery) It has been in the sun more in the past 30 days that it has been in the last 9 months... so I know it's not under charged.

Just in case - If the solar battery really needs replacement:

USA Based Service Center: Casio Watches | G-Shock | Pathfinder | Wave Ceptor | WatchBands

Hope this helps...

Thread Information