Question about Tide Graphs

Thread: Question about Tide Graphs

Question about Tide Graphs

I'm interested in a Casio Oceanus model (OCWM700...) with the tide graph function. I've not been able to get an answer to a particular question (below) about this function from the Oceanus reps, and am appealing to you guys. Since some of the regular Casio models (Sea Pathfinder, Gulfman, and probably others) have a similar feature, I though that someone on this forum would know the answer.

Here's the question: From a reading of the manual (which I downloaded), it seems that the information you get is what time the tide will be high (and low) on the present day, or the actual day you're reading it. You can get this information for other locations too--for that day. However, what would be of greater use to me would be to be able to get information about what time the high and low tides will occur in my location on some future days--like tomorrow, or next Monday. So...does anyone here know whether this function can be used in such a way as to get this information?
    Vancouver

Re: Question about Tide Graphs

Hi South Pender,

I don't have an Oceanus, but I once wrote this article about programming a Tidegraph: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=166281

If you have programmed your Tidegraph, I think you can browse through the dates somehow. It is possible on the G-Shock models with Tidegraph to see what tide it is on a certain date on a certain time.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi South Pender,

I don't have an Oceanus, but I once wrote this article about programming a Tidegraph: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=166281

If you have programmed your Tidegraph, I think you can browse through the dates somehow. It is possible on the G-Shock models with Tidegraph to see what tide it is on a certain date on a certain time.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Really a good article, Sjors. Can you explain how to get information on future tides with the G-Shock models?
    Vancouver

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is the relevant part in the manual for The Gulfman, it's very simple to find out the tide for and day and date you want .

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw3088.pdf

Just click Tide/Moon data
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

GR8 write up Sjors!

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    This is the relevant part in the manual for The Gulfman, it's very simple to find out the tide for and day and date you want .

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw3088.pdf

Just click Tide/Moon data
    That's really helpful. Clearly, this is a possibility with the Gulfman. There's nothing in the Oceanus manual for the 4749 movement, however, that is similar. So maybe my question should have been limited to the Oceanus OCWS700 only.
    Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by South Pender View Post
    That's really helpful. Clearly, this is a possibility with the Gulfman. There's nothing in the Oceanus manual for the 4749 movement, however, that is similar. So maybe my question should have been limited to the Oceanus OCWS700 only.
    if you really like the oceanus and that feature is not in that watch, then you can probably change the date to your required date, have a look at the tide and change the date back to present again.

GW2000B-1A
    GW-9200 'Dragon' Riseman
    DW-5600E-1V
    AWG 101-1A
    Seiko SNZG13K1

Quote Originally Posted by psychofart View Post
    if you really like the oceanus and that feature is not in that watch, then you can probably change the date to your required date, have a look at the tide and change the date back to present again.

I did that with my Oceanus and the tide data changed with the date. However, I cannot confirm its accuracy as I am not currently by the sea.

Mitch

Thread Information