A question for all of you

Thread: A question for all of you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A question for all of you

Folks
    How are you all. I am wondering about why alot of folks have ether snubbed or returned a GW-5600J because of the fact that the date and name of the day can not be displayed at the same time. My curiousity is this, is showing the date and name of the day so important to people??

Just a curious question

Cheers
    Leon

Re: A question for all of you

I prefer to have both, because sometimes, momentarily, I don't know what day it is - and I hardly ever know the date. I have, a couple of times, been surprised to discover that it's my birthday...

I did feel a fool once, though. I was working on Christmas Day, and needed to put the date on a report. I looked at my watch...

But aside from my deficiencies, it seems appropriate that a timepiece tells you the time - and calendar information is part of the time.
    Last edited by tribe125; September 5th, 2006 at 01:38.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

i think that's not a deal breaker for me

its nice to have both date and day showing

but its more likely i will need the date/month information more so that the day of the week

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Leon.. Regarding the DW/G/GW 5000 models.. the modules that display the date and day, also are the modules which display the time in timer and stopwatch mode.. I will not ever return my GW 5600, as i love all the features.. but in a pintch, when something in the kitchen needs to be dated, and my hands are covered with various food items, it is a pain to have to scroll to the date...:-D i like to leave it on the date setting, but then i forget what day it is!!

Good question Leon. As for me I expect the main display of a digital watch to have, at a minimum, the hour (24 or 12 option), minute, second, month, day and day of week. I understand that the 5600J is tough solar/atomic which necessitates a battery strength meter and I assume that meter replaced the day of the week in the display. But as for me, I lean in favor of a 2016 or 2025 lithium cell instead of solar and I have found that most digitals retain accuracy levels nearly rivaling self correcting radio controlled watches. I also want a display that is legible and easily viewed even under low light. That said, my favorite solar/radio controlled G-Shock is my MT-G910DA. My favorite digital watch overall is a Timex Flix.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

No big thing to me its to easy to push the button and get the day or date and move on my life is NOT so busy iam to busy to do that ! IMHO if yours is you need to SLOW down you will live longer :O) I like both but its NO deal breaker !

I held off buying a GW-5600 for some time, because of the fact that the day was not displayed at the same time as the date. Now that I have one, it's not so big of a deal to me. It's not like the watch is not capable of displaying the day. You just have to press a single button to get there.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with the GW-5600. I bought somewhere around 10 G-Shocks in the month before buying my GW-5600. Since buying it, my need for new G-Shocks has been totally satiated. I now wear my GW-5600 almost every single day.

I wasn't too crazy with the display setup either. But the positive qualities of this model definitely outweighs any disadvantages. It's perfect as a daily beater. Hopefully Casio can come up with a better display at some later date.

Locomoco.

Not a deal breaker for me. As you know, I think the GW-5600 has such great features that I bought yours a few days ago. :-D I always know what day it is, most important for me is the date; which I keep forgetting.

Other qualities that I would like more in a G, is having the time displayed in stopwatch and countdown timer mode.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the GW-5600 so that I can test whether the atomic signal can reach Hawaii or not.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I don't own a GW-5600 yet and probably never will because I don't like the rectangle shape of this watch or others. of course I know it's a classic G design but, oh well....

besides that, I actually prefer to have time, day and date at once on the display. thats one of the reasons why I love my G-2300 so much, it even displays the year.

what I do find quite stupid, is to waste display space for useless gimmicks like the 5 rings on the GW-9000 for instance. since its most unlikely that you will ever be able to be physically present in the US, UK, Germany and Japan AT ONCE, one atomic indicator is more than enough to show if the radio signal from the current area is received or not.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information