Question for AWG101 owners

Thread: Question for AWG101 owners

Question for AWG101 owners

I'm thinking of purchasing AWG101. I noticed that it has a dark "pewter" looking steel case. Is it coated? I have the MTG910 (which i love by the way) and when the black ion coating gets scratched it scratches silver, So I'm concerned about the same thing happening with this watch. Thank you in advance for any and all help!

GW5600J
    MTG910
    G100

Re: Question for AWG101 owners

Welcome to the forum, Holliday!

I can't answer your question, but someone else will, I'm sure.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thanks Tribe, I've enjoyed your posts over the years!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Years? What took you so long?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I'm thinking about the AWG100. Does anyone know if it's comfortable? Just looking for a weekend kick-around watch. Does anyone know if this is a better watch than the GW-1310? I know that the 1310 has 4 more alarms and is a bit bigger. Just looking for overall comfort.

Thumbs Up Re: Question for AWG101 owners

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing AWG101. I noticed that it has a dark "pewter" looking steel case. Is it coated? I have the MTG910 (which i love by the way) and when the black ion coating gets scratched it scratches silver, So I'm concerned about the same thing happening with this watch. Thank you in advance for any and all help!

GW5600J
    MTG910
    G100
    First time here guys. I don't if it is coated or not but I have had mine for about a year I think and knock it around daily (Fed Ex driver) and it stills looks as new as the day I bought it. I have my pros and cons about this watch but I think that would be for another thread. It has the very basics and is very comfortable. I do like the dark pewter look much more than the silver and would like to see more like it. I would recommend this as a kick-around weekend watch for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY View Post
    Well, I'm not sure whether it is coated or not like the metal bezel parts of my GW-810H and G-7710 obviously are. But the good news is that -unlike the other mentioned models- I've not yet managed to scratch the AWG-101's metal part yet. It's obviously covered pretty well underneath the resin.

had mine for a year and nothing rubbing away. Not perfect, but best looking G Shock IMO
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree that it is missing some features that I really like. I'm trying to replace my G100 with an atomic/solar version of an ana-digi G. Bought it in '99. Supposed to have a 3 year battery, but still going strong! Gotta love it. Thank you everyone for your insight and responses. I appreciate it.

Thread Information