Question for DW-6600 Owners

Thread: Question for DW-6600 Owners

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just south of nowhere (Dayton, OH)
    Posts
    95

    Question for DW-6600 Owners

    Been thinking about buying a DW-6600. However, pictures of them show a large red "G" on the face when they are illuminated. Do they all show that obnoxious red G when illuminated?

    :thanks
    Wardo

  2. #2
    Member casiophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA, USA
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    DW-6600's with the module 1199 will always have the 'G' in the EL backlight. The DW-6620/40's have a different module but they're hard to find and I'm not certain what's in their backlight.

    Cheers, Greg

  3. #3
    Moderator G-Shock Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,837

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    The DW-6600 in black standard color are not having the G in backlight, only the special color versions in yellow, red or purple.

    So look for the cheapest new version, the DW-6600-1XX.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Artistmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Devon U.K.
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    They don't always show the G ........

    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole



  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Just south of nowhere (Dayton, OH)
    Posts
    95

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    The DW-6600 in black standard color are not having the G in backlight, only the special color versions in yellow, red or purple.

    So look for the cheapest new version, the DW-6600-1XX.
    Thanks, d2mac and casiophile! :thanks Need some clarification, though. Just went to the Casio website and it shows a DW6600-C1V in black with the red G. As casiophile points out, it does have the 1199 module.

    What was Casio thinking????

    Did the 6600's issued to the military have the red G?

    BR,
    Wardo

  7. #6
    Member Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    Hi,
    it all depends on the model number - the DW-6600-1V is the one without the "G" - the DW-6600C has the "G" in the backlight.

    Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

  8. #7
    Member Jeff_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canton Georgia, near Atlanta.
    Posts
    14,017

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    I like the red G :)

    Its a classic!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!



  9. #8
    Moderator G-Shock Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,837

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Wardo View Post
    Thanks, d2mac and casiophile! :thanks Need some clarification, though. Just went to the Casio website and it shows a DW6600-C1V in black with the red G. As casiophile points out, it does have the 1199 module.

    What was Casio thinking????

    Did the 6600's issued to the military have the red G?

    BR,
    Wardo
    The module 1199 is used in any DW-6600. With or without G.
    I dont agree with Casiophile, the module no. is not giving a proper decision.

  10. #9
    Member Buzzbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Upstate New York, USA
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    it all depends on the model number - the DW-6600-1V is the one without the "G" - the DW-6600C has the "G" in the backlight.
    Correctamundo!!!!


  11. #10
    Member casiophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA, USA
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Question for DW-6600 Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    The module 1199 is used in any DW-6600. With or without G.
    I dont agree with Casiophile, the module no. is not giving a proper decision.
    Yes! You're right. I located a pic of a DW-6600-1VZ [1199] that had no 'G' in the backlight. Good call.

    Cheers, Greg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •