Question for G-Shock Pros...

Thread: Question for G-Shock Pros...

Question for G-Shock Pros...

I was just thinking... (dangerous pass time right?) why doesn't Casio make any special editions with higher depth ratings? Not that any of us need more than 200m, but you can't help but notice many people love to buy 3-500m+ watches. I can't help but think it would make their watches sell more, and for higher prices, although they should only use this on special models IMO. I think it would help to differentiate them from other models to have a special 300m model or such... any other opinions?

Re: Question for G-Shock Pros...

It would go at least some way to justifying the prices for a Frog.

Making a few 300+ WR G-Shock probably would be a good sales tactic. I think it'd be more of a gimmick though, as 200m is more than sufficient for most people. I've noticed their manuals show which uses are safe for 200m - 300m WR, so I'm guessing Casio do make 300m watches.

At what point do watches start to need those relief valves (?) you find on some diver's watches, or 'hydro' to protect them from pressure? I don't fully understand it, but I'm sure there's a depth at which there's more to worry about than just the gasket leaking.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I know it would be mainly a marketing gimmick, but like blue said, it would maybe help to justify the extra cost of the higher end models.... I'm not sure when they they need the fart valve but I'm sure Casio could do it, heck look at what all they can stuff in a watch anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by muxinick View Post
    I'm not sure when they they need the fart valve
    Ah, I knew someone would know the proper technical term for it!
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

I think this is a cool idea! But Casio probably finds it so much easier to just re-color the resin on every module they already have? Lets hope not! Please let me make it clear that I don't mind having the option of different colors, I just don't like the "limited" premium prices....but thats another story!!
    So many watches.....So little Time ?

Thread Information