a question for the GW-A1000(any model) owners :-)

Thread: a question for the GW-A1000(any model) owners :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a question for the GW-A1000(any model) owners :-)

Hello, my fellow watch crowd

When you use the stopwatch or the timer, as I understand, the main three hands move to indicate the measurement...so, my quandary is the following: can you, WHILE performing these functions, press the mode button and go to timekeeping mode?...in order to track the time, while the timer or the stopwatch is 'in the background' so to speak (as like on any digital model)?..and then you press mode to go back and the hands again indicate the stopwatch/timer measurement?

Yes, the stopwatch and timer can run in the background. I usually keep the stopwatch running, so I can use the flyback button for instant reset/start.

What GShockMe said. Remember.. it's a Smart watch ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is this watch as tough to remember how to operate as the GIEZ models? I've been thinking about getting this model, but not if I have to whip out the manual every time I wear it.

Re: a question for the GW-A1000(any model) owners :-)

THANKS for the replies gents :)

So, then definitely, when you change the mode back to timekeeping, the hands adjust themselves for the time, and when you go back to STW or TR, orient to measure elapsed time or countdown...that is trully smart :) ...then again, any watch that 'sleeps' at night must be smart :D

hmm, wait a minute, GShockMe, in the Timekeeping Mode, the lower right button (beneath the crown) is for instant UTC time (as much as the upper is for Thermo-Sensor) is it not?...you would have to change back to Stopwatch Mode and then flyback, right?

Milos, yes, it has to be in the stop watch mode to activate the fly back. Too bad, you will still have to wait for all hands to resume their previous positions before the fly back can be used.

BenL, it depends on which GIEZ. I hate the GS1100 module. I have to wait forever to set things. And I have to recall the manual to use it. The GS1300 setting is faster because it uses sub dial. And easier to guess.

This GWA1000 is a lot faster due to independent hand movement. Setting is easier to guess because you just go to the mode and rotate the crown out. All setting is through the crown. Only trick to remember is to use the left button to switch between the minute and hour hand selection for the crown alarm setting.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

You cleared it all up for me...now I only have to wait and see if I'll be getting one of the two new ones (ones with bracelsts and skeletonised hands) or one of the already available models :D

Since WatchTanaka didn't show it in any of his vids (and man are they something - THANKS to Watch Tanaka :D ) am I correct in asuming that when in Timekeeping mode the lower button is for UTC?...the upper one is for the temperature, that he demonstrates

In time keeping mode, the lower right is for checking atomic status (second hand moves to y or n). If hold, it will do manual receiving.

Only in the world time mode that holding the lower right button will change the city time to UTC.

Disclaimer: I just playing with my watch to answer this.

Please verify it with the manual (module 5240)
    Timepieces - Manuals - Support - CASIO
    Last edited by GShockMe; September 21st, 2012 at 20:54. Reason: add smiley

Once again, a big THANKS

I inspired you to play with your watch - I'll take credit for the smile it brought to you

p.s. the manual is already printed out

Wtf is flyback anyway .? :):D

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information