Question for GW2000 owners: how fast does the hands move when changing mode?

Thread: Question for GW2000 owners: how fast does the hands move when changing mode?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question for GW2000 owners: how fast does the hands move when changing mode?

I have a question for the GW2000 owners: how fast does the hands move when changing mode?

e.g. when changing to the alarm mode, do you have to wait a while for the hands to "get into place"?

cause waiting for the hands to get ready when changing mode can be annoying. i have had the GS1000 and MTG1000 before, while i like all analog G-Shocks, I just can't stand the "long wait" for the hands to get ready when changing mode.

It was fun to watch the hands dance around the dial for the first 5 min. but after that, it just becomes annoying to wait, especially when you did something like change from one city to another in the world time mode.

the spec of GW2000 looks promising, but the slow respond in mode changes will be a deal killer for me.

Re: Question for GW2000 owners: how fast does the hands move when changing mode?

hi,

since this is not the first time this question has shown up, i'm shooting a little video that tries to show it. i've done the shooting part, but now i just have to upload it, and it's going to take a little time.

i'll get back as soon as i have done that, and hopefully you'll be able to look past the poor video and narrating skills, and get an idea...

Re: Question for GW2000 owners: how fast does the hands move when changing mode?

it takes somewhat long - the movement of the right subdial - especially when the hour hand has to move as well. a nice thing is that the dial will move in either clockwise or counterclockwise direction, depending on the shorter distance. i would find it annoying to move to and from stopwatch and time often, though this is negated to a degree by 24 hour time always being present in the lower subdial.

to me, the 2000B (resin) is such a unique look- the deep face, compact inner diameter, and powerful styling - that it is a great watch just for spicing up the collection.

ha ha; i did learn a lesson that i was bound to sooner or later. i paid a pretty premium to own this watch immediately upon release, for i see a few weeks later it is being sold at quite nice discounts. but a few watches in my small collection never were officially released in the us, so who knows how this plays out.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool.

done with the video.

i uploaded a hd version of the video, and it's only halfway with the youtube processing, i'm getting a 'quality will improve when done' type of message, so we'll just have to wait for a better quality in a while.

anyway, the video is located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqhWmg5QZyM, if you'd like to check the hands speed.

(i'd like to apologize in advance, this is my first video of this kind, and it's meant as way to show the speed of operation. never mind my narration, it turns out i forgot to name the buttons and everything, i just say 'this' and 'this', and you cannot really tell which one i'm pressing at the time. as i said, it was meant to show speed, and i guess it does that... )

psh

Thank you -- that was a very informative video!

thanks for the video... now I know what to expect... mine's currently on a fedex truck going cross country.

btw what is the lug size of this watch?... I'm wondering if resin bands from other models can fit this watch.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

great video maique, i just responded on youtube also

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

maique, thanks so much for the vid, its very helpful

at least now i know i don't have to wait until all the hands stops to begin using a function

quick question, what about in alarm mode? when I am trying to set the alarm or turn it on or off, is the wait long? (long like swapping 2 time zones? or just long like chronograph rushing back to zero?)

Independent hour and minute hands for these type of watches is the next must-have feature. We've been stuck with this annoyance for decades now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information