Question on GW3000 synch indication

Thread: Question on GW3000 synch indication

am5

Question Question on GW3000 synch indication

Proud new owner of GW3000 in black and orange. Not a bad thing I can say about it. Looks great, should be as tough or tougher than my other G's, superb analog hand alignment.

Except ... signal reception always spotty in NYC due to interference and it is nice to see confirmation of reception, but here's the thing, I KNOW the watch has updated several times because the time has changed since I bought it and it is to the second in synch with my other two atomic G's, yet the second hand always points to "NO" when I check last reception. Any thoughts?

Is it possible the time code is received but not full date/DST and therefore it says "NO" even though time synched? Or that one reception works but a later one doesn't? Although that should not happen since the manual says if a synch is successful it will not try again. Please advise and thanks and great forum!

Re: Question on GW3000 synch indication

Moved to main forum.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

If you change the time zone, even after it synched the previous night, it will indicted that it has not synched since changing zones. I do not know if this helps, but it is the only thing I can think of at the moment. That is, unless it is super accurate and has stayed right on since its last synch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

am5

Sorry if my first post was too long and confusing and thanks, Nolander, for the reply. Have only had watch a week, so the accuracy does not surprise me, but I believe it has synched twice and I check it every morning and it always sends the needle right to "NO", even the day I am sure it synched because it went from 2 mins fast to exact match with my other two which had also received signal. A minor mystery ...

My guess is that it is not synching then. I have always had the best luck when wearing my watch overnight (with all my G shocks). I know it does not necessarily make sense, but that is what has always worked best for me, rather than trying to position it at just the right angle, facing the right direction, etc.

am5

Yes, wearing overnight is good solution because your body acts like a giant antenna. I wrap mine around a soda can if it has not been synching regularly; make sure metal caseback is against metal of can. Past two nights it has synched and the needle indicated "YES"! So I am finally happy. Thanks for the replies.
    Some people don't wear a watch ... wow.
    Casio GW3000, Casio Pathfinder PAW1500, Casio GW1310A, Citizen Aqualand BJ2115

Thread Information