Question: Just got Mudman G9300GB-1
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By andyahs
  • 2 Post By CC
  • 2 Post By G-Drive
  • 1 Post By yankeexpress

Thread: Question: Just got Mudman G9300GB-1

Question: Just got Mudman G9300GB-1

I just got the "blackout" and gold version of the Mudman G9300. It was a blind purchase but it's my third and by far the most feature-rich G-Shock I own. I like it but... I have one question.

Do new G-Shock watches come with a plastic film you're supposed to tear off the crystal? It seems awfully reflective. So, if I'm not in optimal lighting conditions I can see my own face in the crystal looking at my watch and not the display. Is that normal for this watch? I tried peeling it at it lightly with my fingernail, hoping there was something covering the crystal but I don't think there is. More likely it has to do with the "blackout" effect and the LCD display being a bit dull. If I hit the light I can see the time better but I've read about people's misgivings about this particular model, possibly on this forum. I guess I was warned.

I've checked that the battery says it's at high and there is a battery saving feature I have turned off. Still going through the manual and getting to know this model a bit better. But any advice about the display would be appreciated. Perhaps I just got the wrong version. I do like the black and gold esthetic, being a Bruins fan and all.

I'm excited to play with this watch and calibrate the compass and moon-phase. It arrived just in time for some spring camping trips.

Thanks

Re: Question: Just got Mudman G9300GB-1

Casios do not come with that type of screen protection. The negative display is what it is which is why they get the 'negative' reviews. Enjoy it for what it is but a positive display would give you a better experience.
    yankeexpress likes this.

CC

Great looking watch but not great trying to read the display.

A lot of people, myself included, avoid negative displays through negative experiences.
    Ryanjeepguy and yankeexpress like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Caught in the double negative! Thanks for the responses. I can really see the issue now. Live and learn I guess.
    Oh well, I don't think I'm going to request an exchange over it. I just bought it new partly because it's a close match to my older trusty G-Shock. I'm getting used to it and partly the colour combo really hooked me on this model. The moonphase and compass sealed the deal for me. Since I've been messing with it, learning the features with the book, I think I've adjusted to the display.

Any ideas what the model or type of G-Shock my old one is (on the right)? I'd like to find docs on online and read about some of its features. I honestly don't know what the inset little dial does. I think it has to do with stopwatch or something.

Thanks!
    Name:  G-shock.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  166.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WaydeRob View Post
    Caught in the double negative! Thanks for the responses. I can really see the issue now. Live and learn I guess.
    Oh well, I don't think I'm going to request an exchange over it. I just bought it new partly because it's a close match to my older trusty G-Shock. I'm getting used to it and partly the colour combo really hooked me on this model. The moonphase and compass sealed the deal for me. Since I've been messing with it, learning the features with the book, I think I've adjusted to the display.

Any ideas what the model or type of G-Shock my old one is (on the right)? I'd like to find docs on online and read about some of its features. I honestly don't know what the inset little dial does. I think it has to do with stopwatch or something.

Thanks!
    Name:  G-shock.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  166.1 KB
    The one on the right is a GA-110.

Yes it is a GA-110RG-1A (RG for Rose-Gold)

For your information, it should be written on the back :

Name:  casio-g-shock-ga-110rg-1a-chronograph-with-rose-gold-dial-black-resin-gents-wrist-watch-imported.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  72.7 KB
    (on right side on the back)
    GaryK30 and yankeexpress like this.

Link the Manual for 5146 module:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/26321/Casio-5146.html

Solar-Atomic version GW-9300GB with Carbon Fiber strap

G-Drive likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

I've been eyeing this watch for a while, but still undecided about getting it. What made you choose this one over others in this day and age? Newer versions of Gs have more functions etc. If you have the time, can you do a mini-review with how it compares to newer watches?

Thread Information