Question on negative displays

Thread: Question on negative displays

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question on negative displays

I just read a thread from the 'How to' section on changing a dw5600 from a regular display to negative display. My question is, if you purchase a watch that comes with a negative display, can you just as easily convert it to a pos. display?? I ask because I have seen a lot of watches that I like, but they have a neg. display, which I don't really like much. Thanks!

Re: Question on negative displays

Should be able to, just use the reverse process. Just be careful, not all watches come apart, and go back together quite so painlessly.

P.S. have never tried either myself, but polarization works, either way.

Smile Re: Question on negative displays

its my experience that most reversed display models have at least twice as many regular display counterparts for sale but if your still gonna give it a go be careful what watch you disassemble because as i found out thru trying a DW-5600-E is a fairly easy watch to reverse, but if you have a solar or atomic watch i would tread very lightly(i was just lucky to get my G-5600 back together and working let alone reversed)
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes I definitely hear what you guys are saying. I am scared to even change a battery so I don't really think I am the man for the job, but I was curious. The ones I have seen lately are the screwback reissues (5600 style) that have the negative displays that I am not really a fan of. Basically I would want to reverse the display and throw on a good old black DW5600E bezel and strap.
    For example taking something like this and making it look more like a standard old school screwback.
    Last edited by GurdyGurds; June 13th, 2008 at 02:32. Reason: added to it

I think it can be done.

But I'm a reverse LCD hardcore fan.

"once you start down the path to the darkside, forever will it control your destiny"
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I think it can be done.

But I'm a reverse LCD hardcore fan.
    im with u brotha,
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

sml

Quote Originally Posted by GurdyGurds View Post
    Yes I definitely hear what you guys are saying. I am scared to even change a battery so I don't really think I am the man for the job, but I was curious. The ones I have seen lately are the screwback reissues (5600 style) that have the negative displays that I am not really a fan of. Basically I would want to reverse the display and throw on a good old black DW5600E bezel and strap.
    For example taking something like this and making it look more like a standard old school screwback.
    You can see the result of this watch with the black bezel ... one of our friends here has posted some great pics.

But hasn't reversed the reverse display.

BTW - what's the benefit of the screwback? Heavier weight?

Definitely one for the dark side

Be careful the path you take, for it will consume your sole! But to answer your question - YES - it can absolutely be done. Polarization works in both ways, 90 degrees it all it takes to convert from positive to negative and vice versa.

If you're not comfortable pulling the watch apart like I did in the "how to", then I'd suggest you leave it well alone. Maybe I should start a service offering? "Negative/positive display conversions"... LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information