Question for someone with a new Riseman
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Drop of a Hat

Thread: Question for someone with a new Riseman

Question for someone with a new Riseman

I've read everything I can find on the new Riseman GW-9200 but I have a question about the watch for which I can't seem to find an answer. I've read that you can view the current time in all modes, but I haven't been able to confirm that you can view the current time while in Alti mode. In every picture I've seen of the watch while in Alti mode, the current time wasn't displayed. I would think that being able to view the current time in Alti mode would be a no brainer, but I'm a little discouraged about never having seen it in any of the pictures I've seen; including the ones on this forum. Can someone who already has a new Riseman confirm that the current time is indeed viewable in Alti mode? I'm hoping the answer is yes.

Thanks
    Last edited by dsmithjr; June 30th, 2008 at 18:06.

Banned

Re: Question for someone with a new Riseman

I literally just unboxed my new Riseman. I switched it to Altimeter mode and the time did not display. I briefly glanced at the manual and found one interesting sentence:

" During altitude measurements, the watch may not be able to update its timekeeping display contents normally. Correct timekeeping is maintained internally, however."

As I've just received this watch and haven't gone through all the features yet, it could be that I'm missing something. After I look at the watch more, I'll get back with you on this.

OUCH! It's starting to sound like someone at Casio might have dropped the ball on this one. Well, so much for this being the perfect module. If you have to constantly switch back and forth from Alti mode to time mode while hiking or engaging in other outdoor activities, that's a real disappointment. I've owned several different types of Alti/Baro watches and I've never had one the couldn't show the current time in Alti mode. I guess it's nice that the current time with seconds in shown in all other modes, but I would much rather see the current time in Alti mode then while setting an alarm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

true, but you can easily change from altimeter to timekeeping mode and also you have a stopwatch in altimeter mode, so you know how much time you are spending on the hike

changing to Time keeping mode won stop the altimeter measurements, and as I said changing from one to another is quite direct

Quote Originally Posted by tregaskin View Post
    true, but you can easily change from altimeter to timekeeping mode and also you have a stopwatch in altimeter mode, so you know how much time you are spending on the hike

changing to Time keeping mode won stop the altimeter measurements, and as I said changing from one to another is quite direct
    Thank heavens. You came to the rescue in the nick of time!

"He's just a witness"
    Nurse.IT likes this.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

I'm glad that's finally settled. Big exhale
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

sorry

Thread Information