question for true RISEMAN experts.

Thread: question for true RISEMAN experts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question for true RISEMAN experts.

Got my GW9200 yesterday for an unbelivably good deal. What a watch !!

Anyway,you really need to be a seasoned traveler and well prepared about this watch to give me this answer. And you need to be a nerd with too much time on his hands like me to come out with this question .
    This mostly apply to those that live in CET area,but anyone can apply.

here we go :

1) the watch is in time mode

2) let's go to WT mode and select London or any USA town

3) let's go back to our main time mode.

4) let's now push the RESET/TIME button and wait the 5 secs blinking while the time shift to LON or LAX mode.

Is the watch now ready to shift to the Anthorn UK transmitter or Fort Collins USA transmitter or do I have to set my new local time manually scrolling through WT options ??

.....'told you I was bored...
    Last edited by gettocard; August 29th, 2010 at 01:07.

Re: question for true RISEMAN experts.

Setting the watch to receive one signal or another is done by setting the home city. See the section 'To specify your home city' on page one of the manual.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Setting the watch to receive one signal or another is done by setting the home city. See the section 'To specify your home city' on page one of the manual.
    I don't know if this applies to every other watch with radio timekeeping, but I've found that this wasn't necessarily the case with my GW5600J.

My home time is set to HKG, which has no atomic transmitter, but my World Time is set to TYO, which has two transmitters. The watch manages to sync practically every night.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    My home time is set to HKG, which has no atomic transmitter, but my World Time is set to TYO, which has two transmitters. The watch manages to sync practically every night.
    Probably because they're in the same geographical zone. A Riseman might do the same, but it wouldn't sync if you then travelled to Europe, for instance.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

By setting the home city to HKG, the watch does sync with the Shangqiu City transmitter from China. This is what I read in the gw-9200 user manual.

Not really sure if the question is answered now. If you use the time-swap feature the city code changes automatically and the watch is ready to receive a signal from the nearest tower specified by the new city code. Otherwise the time-swap really would be pretty useless if I had to change the city code manually after swapping time zones.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    Probably because they're in the same geographical zone. A Riseman might do the same, but it wouldn't sync if you then travelled to Europe, for instance.
    This just might make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by vrolok View Post
    By setting the home city to HKG, the watch does sync with the Shangqiu City transmitter from China. This is what I read in the gw-9200 user manual.
    It will likely work with the atomic Riseman since it's Multiband 6, while the 5600J isn't even designed to receive the Chinese signal.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by gettocard View Post
    1) the watch is in time mode

2) let's go to WT mode and select London or any USA town

3) let's go back to our main time mode.

4) let's now push the RESET/TIME button and wait the 5 secs blinking while the time shift to LON or LAX mode.

Is the watch now ready to shift to the Anthorn UK transmitter or Fort Collins USA transmitter or do I have to set my new local time manually scrolling through WT options ??
    One way to find out, is to do step 1-4 - then press the adjust button for 3 sec, and check out what the selected hometown is now
    Last edited by ThomAsio; August 29th, 2010 at 19:38.

It will likely work with the atomic Riseman since it's Multiband 6, while the 5600J isn't even designed to receive the Chinese signal.
    right, my mistake. indeed gw5600 is a multiband 5 (=no Chinese transmitter).

Banned

Sedi is right, as usual. Check the manual. If it has the time swap function, which the 5 sec button press is, it will swap the WT and your current home time. What was your home time is now your WT and what was your WT is now you home time, INCLUDING sync settings.

Not many Gs have that great feature but the Riseman is one of them. Even better for the traveler is the GW-2500, though. Two times always visible and if you want you can have three times at a glance.

Till

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information