Question for WUS members about BELIGIUM
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kung-fusion

Thread: Question for WUS members about BELIGIUM

Question for WUS members about BELIGIUM

I know countries vary a lot in terms of how long packages take to clear customs. I recently sent a shipment of watches to Belgium. The last available tracking was "customs clearance" on 1/24, and nothing after that. Is it normal for the packages to take this long to clear customs? I know for some countries it is a couple days and others it can be weeks. Does anyone have any info on Belgium (either living there or shipping to addresses there from outside)? This is not a cheap shipment so I want to make sure it arrives. I could not insure for the full value because they told me it would complicate the process, having to include packing slips and extra processing, so I insured for $100 less than the true value, which made for easier processing. But I wonder if you say something is valued "just under" the cutoff for their extra processing, it probably causes some suspicion.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Question for WUS members about BELIGIUM

I've never shipped a package to Belgium but I remember that I received one from there a couple years back (a GL-7000RF). I don't know for sure what it took so long (I heard the postage is snail slow there) but the package was nearly two months en route - amazing considered

1. that Begium is a neighbour land to Germany
    2. within the EU no customs applies.

So if the "cc" is only 5 days ago,there is nothing to worry about yet. I'd say have a little faith and patience, I for sure never expected my GL-7000RF to arrive back then...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

What carrier and shipping method did you use?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    What carrier and shipping method did you use?
    Usps priority international

The customs of Belgium tend to be even worse than here. Means custom clearance that it has been at the customs (can be easy a week) or did it just arrive waiting for clearance. Lately the Dutch customs are not to hard for me (besides a €80 bill for the LY Ranger).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

from my experiences last year I wouldnt be worried... (though in germany..)

my last packages from japan and US have been lying in Frankfurt customs for over a week, before moving on to the local customs office for pickup. so I'd say you're still in "normal" timeframe...

I know how it is nervewrecking to not see anything move in the tracking system... my MTG was even worse, it even took a week to leave japanese outgoing customs.

good luck and good nerves!

It will take probably five business days, maybe more to clear customs.

Get ready for the package to get delivered to a local post office or affiliate mail station (supermarket, ...) and a letter/note to be delivered by the mail carrier to the addressee to go collect the package in person and that there's customs due.

I recently went through this exact thing with a several hundred dollar package sent to a family member as a birthday gift. Shipped usps express (2 day or 3 day) with tracking, insurance. Package was stuck in customs clearance for a whole week. Goodbye express delivery I paid extra for ($100+) and the recipient was charged 25% of price of the item + the cost of shipping. Adding another 100euro to the cost.

So much for a Belgian sending presents to family back home. Between the prior delays (several months) and loss of packages (or should I say theft?) and now this customs clearance crap, I'm done shipping packages internationally/home. Too expensive, stressful, ...
    Last edited by icerabbit; January 30th, 2014 at 02:02.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I always get a little nervous about international transactions. I have never shipped to Belgium as far as I can remember, aside from this sale.
    gripmaster likes this.

Note that I didn't want to scare you away from shipping to Belgian customers. Just that for me as an individual enough has been enough.

The next status will be customs clearance complete.
    Then it will be in the bPost system goign to the nearest post office, etc.

Thread Information