Questioning one's sanity sometimes
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Questioning one's sanity sometimes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questioning one's sanity sometimes

As a regular lurker on this forum I see on a daily basis G-Shock models I reaaaally want to have but are way out of budget, so usually drool just a little and close that tab as soon as possible as to not go insane Especially the new Rangeman is a mood-killer, it's so awesome and beautiful, amazing. But, really mentally can't make the move to buy it.

But, naturally, as most peeps watching this forum, there is a certain amount of G-Shock fever running through the entire body, so decided a new purchase had to be done.

Enter the Gulfmaster GWN-1000 in blue, love it! Saw a discounted GST, well that's a gotta have (one of course must also own a "metal" G-Shock)! And look at that amazing green display on the Gravitymaster B100! Click, mine!

And now, hour ago, also bought a white Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000 which I was eyeballing for a long time already.

So, long story short: the Rangeman was wayyyy outta budget, these four watches combined are wayyyy more expensive than the Rangeman.

Can this be explained to people around you? Nope. Do I actually really love all these wristhuggers? Yup!

<rant over, have to decide which watch to wear to work today >
    Dxnnis, gartner, Drummer1 and 6 others like this.

Re: Questioning one's sanity sometimes

Congrats, enjoy your watches. They are good therapy.

Got a new/old Rangeman, the 2019 LSE version GW-9404, when I saw a low price. Fun watch to set up initially and play with.
    memento_mori and Dxnnis like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

You can always sell them when the madness passes.
    Dxnnis and Rocket1991 like this.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool watches!
    That said, magic of Casio you don't really need to have expensive one to fully appreciate G-Shocks.
    I enjoy more affordable ones and they are equally fun, especially with splash of color.
    It should be special!

Inactive

Congrats on your newest purchases.

I often these days find myself questioning my sanity. My lot are the lower end basic pieces.

My problem is that 99% of the time I am wearing my PRW3500T-7. Do I need more Gs than I have? Absolutely not. But I do want more of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dxnnis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss View Post
    As a regular lurker on this forum I see on a daily basis G-Shock models I reaaaally want to have but are way out of budget, so usually drool just a little and close that tab as soon as possible as to not go insane Especially the new Rangeman is a mood-killer, it's so awesome and beautiful, amazing. But, really mentally can't make the move to buy it.

But, naturally, as most peeps watching this forum, there is a certain amount of G-Shock fever running through the entire body, so decided a new purchase had to be done.

Enter the Gulfmaster GWN-1000 in blue, love it! Saw a discounted GST, well that's a gotta have (one of course must also own a "metal" G-Shock)! And look at that amazing green display on the Gravitymaster B100! Click, mine!

And now, hour ago, also bought a white Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000 which I was eyeballing for a long time already.

So, long story short: the Rangeman was wayyyy outta budget, these four watches combined are wayyyy more expensive than the Rangeman.

Can this be explained to people around you? Nope. Do I actually really love all these wristhuggers? Yup!

<rant over, have to decide which watch to wear to work today >
    Congrats on all of your great G-Shocks you purchased! I felt the same way at one time and asked myself the same questions but then decided not to purchase for quantity but for models I really want even though they cost more than I have ever spent on a watch. Buy what you like and enjoy the experience of collecting and wearing them.

gshock erotica at its best

The less expensive models are very satisfying too! I wear my GW9000A-1 more often than any of my others.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
    You can always sell them when the madness passes.
    Want to sell the older ones but simply can't. The idea was to sell some relatively cheaper ones to have a budget to buy one (or more) expensive one(s) but you guessed it: bought some stuff while keeping the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    Cool watches!
    That said, magic of Casio you don't really need to have expensive one to fully appreciate G-Shocks.
    I enjoy more affordable ones and they are equally fun, especially with splash of color.
    Oh this is really true! Have a lot of other less expensive ones as well which I like(d) a lot. Like as in I think they're great, liked as in I tend to buy bigger and bigger. Although having a tiny wrist simple love the bigger timepieces. The Gulfmaster is one of my favorites now, as is the Mudmaster (GG-1000 unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTy View Post
    My problem is that 99% of the time I am wearing my PRW3500T-7. Do I need more Gs than I have? Absolutely not. But I do want more of them.
    Hahaha same here, usually wear a couple all of the time instead of all of them sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer1 View Post
    Congrats on all of your great G-Shocks you purchased! I felt the same way at one time and asked myself the same questions but then decided not to purchase for quantity but for models I really want even though they cost more than I have ever spent on a watch. Buy what you like and enjoy the experience of collecting and wearing them.
    It's not a matter of quantity at all! Really wanted to actually have all these models, for different reasons. Color, size, ana/digi, steel, ABC(D) functions, you name it. Lucky thing is: there's not a lot left I want to have and most of the recently introduced models I don't like at all (was looking forward to the carbon models but most of them I find truly hideous, to each his own I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by 14060 View Post
    The less expensive models are very satisfying too! I wear my GW9000A-1 more often than any of my others.
    Yup, concur! Have a lot of 7900's which I really like. For the size, functions, comfort (those "wings" are genius for people with puny wrists!).
    TheTy likes this.

Congratulations on the new guys. Just FYI the madness is unlikely to pass.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information