Questions about model AWG100-1A

Thread: Questions about model AWG100-1A

Questions about model AWG100-1A

Curious to know if this model has luminous hands. I think it does, but just want to confirm. Anyone have any opinion of this version? Looks to be a great watch that has the features I need.

Thanks,

Tom V.

Re: Questions about model AWG100-1A

Bump. I like the look of this watch too. Can somebody who owns one give a review? I'm particularly interested in the visibility at night with the LED.

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...ock/AWG100-1A/
    Buying more watches does not buy you more time.

Looking for: Seiko SCVS013; Citizen PMX56-2811; Citizen Campanola CTS57-0701.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

the hands are luminous but casio analog watches are sadly amongst the worst when it comes down to good illumination.

the LED light isn't any better either, it can light up the dial yes, (tough rather suboptimal) but it will let the digital parts in the dark, therefore pretty useless if you ask me.

I too like the look of the AWG-100/101 but I won't buy another analog g-shock (I have three) until casio starts making useful illumination, which I unfortunately can't see anywhere near in the future...

regards, holger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    the hands are luminous but casio analog watches are sadly amongst the worst when it comes down to good illumination.

the LED light isn't any better either, it can light up the dial yes, (tough rather suboptimal) but it will let the digital parts in the dark, therefore pretty useless if you ask me.

I too like the look of the AWG-100/101 but I won't buy another analog g-shock (I have three) until casio starts making useful illumination, which I unfortunately can't see anywhere near in the future...

regards, holger
    Thanks, I guess I'll hold off on it too, at least until I move to Anarctica.
    Buying more watches does not buy you more time.

Looking for: Seiko SCVS013; Citizen PMX56-2811; Citizen Campanola CTS57-0701.

I had the AWG-101 for a week and returned it. Asthetically they did a great job, it really is a great looking watch, particularly in the day. Where it failed my expectations was when the hands block out the digital displays. Sometimes I would go to look at the date and the minute hand would block it forcing me to fumble for my cell phone. At night unfortunately is where it loses ground more. You can't see the digital screens at all, and it is so dim, you struggle to read the time altogether.

Style wise, Casio did a great job with the look. Functionally they need to improve a bit.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701