Questions about purchasing G-shock from Amazon?

Thread: Questions about purchasing G-shock from Amazon?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Questions about purchasing G-shock from Amazon?

Hi everyone,

I just want to get some feedback from those who have purchased G-shocks from Amazon. I have been lurking on this G-Shock forum in December and received my first one just a few days ago. But I have a few questions, I hope people can help me with:

a) I tend to have purchased watches only sold by Amazon and not third party, but a lot of the watches I do want for example the 7900's are only sold by third party on Amazon. Does Amazon tend to get more inventory in and have they been quick in getting more inventory?

b) There are a few third party that sell on Amazon. On New Year's Eve, a few went on sale for a low price. Had them in my inventory but removed them right early this morning only because after reading their seller reviews, I noticed some people posting "did not include the original tin case or box, just the watch" and for me that is unacceptable for a new product. So, thus forcing me to wait until Amazon gets shipments in. But man, I'm seeing some prices go down and some third party has had some sweet prices lately. But didn't pull the trigger because their reviews are 95-96% and the negative reviews of no case.

I know some of you order by eBay but with so many knockoffs, I figure that Amazon may prove to be much safer than eBay. Also, I'm used to using camelcamelcamel.com for price tracking for Amazon, not sure if there is one for eBay.

Anyway, thanks in advance for those who can help. Once again, I appreciate the wealth of information from those who have posted in regards to G-Shocks as well as the Pathfinders.
    Calibre Sea Knight | Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V, G-Shock DW6600C-1V, G-Shock DW6900-1V,G-Shock DW6900CB-1, G-Shock DW9052-1V, G-Shock Mudman G9000-8V, G-Shock Gulfman G9100-1, G-Shock GA-100A-7ADR, G-Shock GD-100-1AJF, G-Shock G-Lide GLX-5600 (Red, Blue), G-Shock Rescue Red G7900A-4, GW7900B-1,G-Shock GX1-A, Pathfinder Triple Sensor PAG40-7, Waveceptor WV200A-2AV | Fossil Blue FS-5001, Fossil Big Tic JR-1822 | Garmin Forerunner 15 | Invicta 1103 Chronograph, Invicta 1439 Russian Diver Rose, Invicta 6860 Eagle Force Collection Red Dial, Invicta 8926C Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge | Invicta 21485 Specialty Analog | Invicta 21488 Pro Diver | Movado BOLD 3600367 | Orient CDBAA003A, CEM5J005B, CEM75004B (Mako XL), CTT02003W, EM65-C5 CA (Pepsi) | Seiko 5 SNK357, SNXF09K, Seiko Core SNE343 | Sinobi 3585G | Stuhrling Classic Delphi Omega Automatic Skeleton | Swiss Military Hanowa Sealander 316L | Technomarine TM-115174 Cruise BlueRay | Timex 395LA | Tom Tom Spark Cardio & Audio

lvt

Re: Questions about purchasing G-shock from Amazon?

Amazon generally ignores the real stock status of its sellers, eBay sellers are more reliable and you are fully protected by both eBay and Paypal policies.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Never had a problem with Amazon direct. I have not purchased through one of there other sellers. The return policy with amazon cant be beat just click on return print the label and drop it off. Cant do that with ebay sellers.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Never had a problem with Amazon direct. I have not purchased through one of there other sellers. The return policy with amazon cant be beat just click on return print the label and drop it off. Cant do that with ebay sellers.
    I also prefer to purchase via Amazon direct but there are so many g-shocks that are not being sold right now by Amazon and only third party. Granted, it's only been a month I have been following G-Shocks, but curious how quickly it takes for Amazon to get more watches in their inventory. Or do they get more watches in?
    Calibre Sea Knight | Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V, G-Shock DW6600C-1V, G-Shock DW6900-1V,G-Shock DW6900CB-1, G-Shock DW9052-1V, G-Shock Mudman G9000-8V, G-Shock Gulfman G9100-1, G-Shock GA-100A-7ADR, G-Shock GD-100-1AJF, G-Shock G-Lide GLX-5600 (Red, Blue), G-Shock Rescue Red G7900A-4, GW7900B-1,G-Shock GX1-A, Pathfinder Triple Sensor PAG40-7, Waveceptor WV200A-2AV | Fossil Blue FS-5001, Fossil Big Tic JR-1822 | Garmin Forerunner 15 | Invicta 1103 Chronograph, Invicta 1439 Russian Diver Rose, Invicta 6860 Eagle Force Collection Red Dial, Invicta 8926C Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge | Invicta 21485 Specialty Analog | Invicta 21488 Pro Diver | Movado BOLD 3600367 | Orient CDBAA003A, CEM5J005B, CEM75004B (Mako XL), CTT02003W, EM65-C5 CA (Pepsi) | Seiko 5 SNK357, SNXF09K, Seiko Core SNE343 | Sinobi 3585G | Stuhrling Classic Delphi Omega Automatic Skeleton | Swiss Military Hanowa Sealander 316L | Technomarine TM-115174 Cruise BlueRay | Timex 395LA | Tom Tom Spark Cardio & Audio

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I only buy from amazon direct (which is great and usually very fast), but never with third parties involved, simply because I can't purchase on account. obviously this is not possible via ebay either, but the protection is better and I never had a problem with any of my purchases (bought about 50-60 watches the last couple years from all over the world).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I've purchased four G's through Amazon: three direct and one from a third-party fulfilled by Amazon (seller uses Amazon to store/ship its inventory). I have not, and would not, buy directly from a third-party advertising on Amazon. Price is never my main concern, only service. Having said that, Amazon direct prices fluctuate wildly. The GW5600J-1 I bought recently was priced anywhere between $49.99 and $72.99 in the run up to Christmas, so one has to time it right. Just don't ask anyone at Amazon to explain its pricing policy because they can't.

Another thing with Amazon is that it carries relatively few G models as an authorized dealer. For example, the GX-56's were arguably the most popular and talked-about G's of 2010. You can buy them pretty much anywhere now but Amazon has no stock and has not had for a couple of months. So don't count on ever being able to buy 7900's direct.
    Martin

You'd have to go a long way to find a better internet trader than Amazon. I would generally have more confidence in an Amazon third-party trader than an unknown eBay trader.

All of my purchases from Amazon third-party suppliers have been absolutely fine.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I have a love hate relationship with Amazon. In the past I have posted a few problems I have had with them. I generally don't purchase off Amazon. I have found alot of great people to deal with on the bay and Yahoo Japan.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Been buying from Amazon since 1999 (books and CD's only back then) and also bought a G Shock from them, no issues whatsoever.

Amazon has always been good for me. I never worry about buying direct or for even third party sellers that use Amazon's fulfillment service. I do take a look at the reviews from third party sellers that do their own shipping to make sure though.

You can't beat Amazon's service. And it's super easy to do a return and get a refund if you're not satisfied with anything. I don't have nearly as much faith in eBay or Paypal. The only other sellers I trust as much are our trusty Japanese dealers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information