Questions about sapphire-crystal Edifice EFB-101 and battery life

Thread: Questions about sapphire-crystal Edifice EFB-101 and battery life

Hi guys,

There is a new clean-display Edifice out -- the EFB-101 (so far the variations include: -101D-1, -101D-7, and -101L-5).
    What caught my eye was the (synthetic) sapphire crystal considering how relatively cheap the watch is and how rare sapphire crystals are on Edifice's (or is it Edifi?).
    Another thing that amazed me is that the advertised battery life is 10 years on a SR626SW battery. Only some retail websites claim this, though, I don't have official CASIO information on that.

I am in the market for a nice, clean analog watch on a brown leather leash I can wear in more formal settings, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts at all on this model and, if you have any experience with the battery type, should I believe the hype about the 10 years? Given the low asking price for this model with a sapphire crystal, I am really excited about it, but I am afraid it looks too good to be true. Or am I overthinking it?

Thanks for your time!

Hard to believe that it's sapphire at these prices, but given its simplicity compared to other Edifices of similar prices, maybe it is. I think the price for sapphire will eventually come down. And with the design of most Edifices having a totally unprotected crystal, it's necessary. I did see a YouTube video that showed a hang tag that clearly said "Sapphire glass."
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

Thread Information