Questions about vintage g-shocks

Thread: Questions about vintage g-shocks

Questions about vintage g-shocks

Hello people, I was thinking of buying a g-shock for myself..

I really enjoy the 5600 looks.. Here's my question: I know where to source those vintage g-shocks in full Steel cases with screwback for almost the same price of a modern DW-5600E, but all of them need new parts, such as the plastic bezel, rubber band and sometimes the bezel screws, new crystal... but all the functions works

Is it too hard to find these parts in great condition?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Questions about vintage g-shocks

What is difficult is actually finding an example without too many scratches on the crystal and broken screws.
    Sourcing the parts is the easy bit....

Alex

I have had good luck with these guys (in California, US):

Casio Watches | G-Shock | Pathfinder | Wave Ceptor | WatchBands

They also have access to items not pictured on the web site.
    D

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The resin bezel and strap are very easy to find. The bezel screws however are discontinued and they are difficult to locate. You can get a refurbish kit from tiktox.com, but the kit does not include the screws anymore (it used to). The crystal spare part is impossible to find.

Sometimes it is just much easier to find one in good condition with the screws and crystal intact.
    Last edited by senna89wc12; October 4th, 2010 at 01:04.

Yes, I'm taking all your tips inconsideration.

The ones I find cheap usually has a few marks on the crystal, missing the bezel screws...

So, the bezel screw is currently almost impossible to source... damn.. I don't mind a few hairlines in the crystal...

So... does the screws on the acrylic version of the g-shock fit for the steel case? ( well, i guess not, because someone must have already tried that.. but I'm asking anyways )

Thanks a million for your guys help!

Quote Originally Posted by shun View Post
    Yes, I'm taking all your tips inconsideration.

The ones I find cheap usually has a few marks on the crystal, missing the bezel screws...

So, the bezel screw is currently almost impossible to source... damn.. I don't mind a few hairlines in the crystal...

So... does the screws on the acrylic version of the g-shock fit for the steel case? ( well, i guess not, because someone must have already tried that.. but I'm asking anyways )

Thanks a million for your guys help!
    It is quite difficult to source a vintage 5600C with a perfect crystal. A few hair scratches are still acceptable as long as the crystal is not cracked. Make sure the bezel screws are not broken inside the case. If not sure, ask for more clear pictures to see whether the screw holes are clean or not. And Casio has discontinued the bezel screws of the vintage G-Shocks so you might have a difficult time finding them.

The screws on the non-screw back G-Shock (5600E) will not fit the steel case 5600C. The screws are different. See the picture I attached (5600E screw on the left and 5600C screw on the right). See this link for more tips: Parts Giveaway #1 - DW-5600C Bezel Screws | MY G-SHOCK

You can maybe drop by to your local Casio authorized repair centre to see if they have some spare screws left. I got a few mine from there so you can give it a try! Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by senna89wc12; October 4th, 2010 at 01:30.

Thread Information