Questions about YOUR g-shock and Protrek collection....
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Questions about YOUR g-shock and Protrek collection....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Questions about YOUR g-shock and Protrek collection....

Hey guys -- in another thread, I saw someone giving some stats about the % of digitals in their collection vs. ana/digis, etc. I had never actually checked that for my own collection.

I was really shocked (no pun intended!) to find out that of all my Gs and Protreks, a full 75% of my collection is digital, 13% is analog, and 11.5% is ana/digi -- if I count my incoming Mudmaster! I NEVER would have guessed that I had such a high % of digital in my collection! And I would have thought for sure that my ana/digi percentage was much higher. I really only have 3 ana/digis that I wear much at all, and those are Gulfmasters and the PRW-6000. (but despite that low % of ana/digis, I wear the Gulfmaster a LOT) Of my analogs, I wear my GPWs the most.

This was interesting to me also because it forced me to inventory my whole collection....and I realize I need to sell quite a few off!! Thankfully, my informal inventory will make it easy to figure out which ones I can do without...

I was also very surprised to see that I own more Protreks than any ONE model of g-shocks! (9 Protreks, although several or more will be on the chopping block for sale in the not-to-distant future)
    And I was VERY surprised to find out that of ALL of my g-shocks, I own as many squares (6) as I do ANY other model of g-shock!! (like the Rangeman, Gulfmaster, Frog, etc.) That would have been completely UNHEARD OF for me only a couple years ago...

So some questions for you guys...

1) what is YOUR % of digital vs. analog vs. ana/digi?? (if you are BRAVE enough to actually do all of the numbers -- accurately! )

2) What is the most you own of any g-shock model? (i.e., Rangeman, Mudman, Gulfman, SQUARE, etc. -- and count the Protreks/Pathfinders in here too - as one 'model')

3) What models of g-shocks/Protreks do you WEAR the most??? (for this question I'm also counting the Protreks as one generic 'model')
    -- for me, the answer is: Rangeman is #1 on my most-worn list (which, BTW, gives me the ammo I need to pull the trigger on the Kobe at some point! hehehe); my Protreks are probably no. 2; and ASTOUNDINGLY for me, lately at least --- my no. 3 most-worn model is the SQUARE!!! If you would have told me a couple of years ago that I'd be wearing squares the 3rd most often of any model (at ANY time), I'd have told you that you were CRAZY!! LOL

The answer to number 3 probably changes for me about every month or two. But that's the current answer - my best estimate.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys have to say. And you might find some surprises about your OWN collections/wearing habits too!!
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; August 2nd, 2015 at 04:11.
    Chrisek likes this.

Re: Questions about YOUR g-shock and Protrek collection....

1. I got 10 Casio, 10% analogue and 90% digital
    2. Most owned is square, 5/10 or 50% square
    3. I wear MRG-G1000 the most as it is my work watch. Outside of work, I wear the GW-5000 and Rangeman the most

Still looking to add my first ana-digi, eyeing the mudmaster now

that's a lot of work, finding that out... some here will need to take a week off!
    Time4Playnow, alexs12 and Rocat like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    that's a lot of work, finding that out... some here will need to take a week off!
    Yeah, gripmaster, I know!!

The fact that so few have responded so far tells me that it's probably a LOT of work for a lot of people......either that or people maybe don't want to "know" the exact number that they own! (I was kind of in that camp... the actual number was a little bit of a surprise, but like I said it did help me realize that there is a lot of selling I can do!)

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss! (either for yourself, or your wife!) LOL
    gripmaster and Rocat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    in another thread, I saw someone giving some stats about the % of digitals in their collection vs. ana/digis
    that was me.

So some questions for you guys...
    my figures changed overnight because I forgot to count two Gs: one in my sports bag and the other mounted on my golf trolley ...

1)
    digi: 10 = 83%
    ana/digi: 1 = 8.5%
    ana: 1 = 8.5%

2)
    no twins / triplets here

3)
    analog GW-A1000 for work, otherwise digital (frogman, mudman or king)
    Last edited by funzel; August 2nd, 2015 at 15:12.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

1) Well I have 21 G's currently, with only 1 ana-digi, so that's like 96% digital. Heck, I'm toying with the idea of flipping my one ana-digi too.

2) 3 squares (dw-5000-1jf, dw-5030c, GW-5000), soon to be matched with 3 GD-X6900's. I'll probably end up with at least a few more GD-X's sometime in the future. I also have two 5500's, but I'm not counting those as 'squares', even though they technically are.

3) Either GD-X6900's, or squares. There's a reason I own multiple of them! Plus owning multiple allows me to wear them more frequently, but with different colours.

This is rather easy for me as I recently made some changes

1) 100% Digital....I did until a few weeks ago have 3 ana/digi's ...But I finally admitted to myself while nice...they were not really useful to me in my situations. So I flipped them

2) Most of any one model would have to be DW-6900's I currently have 12 ...This number will surely grow... I also hope G-Shock comes thru with more GD-X's too. Currently have 6

3) Most worn would be equally split but all in the 6900 family...Sometimes GDX's sometimes DW's
    (I do use a GD-110 at least 3-4x a week but just during swim workouts as it counts & times my laps)
    Time4Playnow likes this.

The fact that so few have responded so far tells me that it's probably a LOT of work for a lot of people......either that or people maybe don't want to "know" the exact number that they own!
    A third option: the assigned methodology of "counting" watches is somewhat flawed.

In your example, lumping all the Pro Treks together, lumping all the "squares" together, and lumping all of the different Mudmen models together is going to skew the results badly.

By that method, the "model" I probably own the most of is "round-ish (as in 'non-square') non-Master or non-Man' G-Shock," followed by "Pathfinder." Are we supposed to ONLY count G's and Pro Treks? If so, 100% of mine are digital, unless we want to count the non-working ana-digi AW-550 with a bezel that crumbled from resin rot. If we're counting "all Casio watches" I've got a few analog MDV-102s and another ana-digi.

I've got more "Pathfinders" than I do any other INDIVIDUAL model, which would be my three GW-6900s. For the past eight months, I've also been wearing one of my Pathfinders about 97% of the time -- whenever I try to wear another watch now it looks tiny in comparison. Also, despite Columbus having one of the wettest summers in 135 years of record-keeping, I HAVE managed to get a rather wide tan line on my wrist from my PAW1100, so when I put on a smaller watch there's untanned skin showing on either side of it, which looks pretty silly.
    Time4Playnow and Rocat like this.

1) Though I am actually a big fan of analog and ani/digi G-shocks, they only make up 11% of my collection (not counting the incoming Mudmaster). My current collection consists of about 35 G's. The breakdown is as follows:

Digital: 89%
    Analog: 5.5%
    Ani/Digi: 5.5%

Beyond that, my collection consists of:

60% master of G series (counting Gulfmaster and Gravitymaster)
    46% customs
    5.5% (2) squares

2) the model I own the most of currently is the Mudman, but that is mostly because I have been picking up some used ones and doing some Mudman projects lately. I own 8 Mudman

Next most is 6 Frogman

3) I wear the Frogman most. I also wear the Mudman often, as it is my beater. The Rangeman is my grab and go watch, and I often wear the custom GW5000 on a bracelet when I'm at home. The GPW is my most worn analog G.

Also I must add...Good to see gripmaster back around.

1) 100% digital, ditched all my analogs. Unless you count the "analog" part of my AE1200.

2) The most I own (and owned) are squares

3) GW-M5610BC. Most versatile watch and fits under sleeves and jackets without a problem
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information