Questions for Defier GW-A1100 Owners....... for right hand placement..
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Questions for Defier GW-A1100 Owners....... for right hand placement..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi,

I am looking at the blue ascents version GW-A1100FC-1. However my concerns are as follows....

I usually wear my watches on the right hand wrist, although I am right handed. Earlier days, watches are on my left hand but being in the construction industry, my watches do get banged up a bit unless it is on my right hand. Thus I wear them on my right hand since.

I also noticed on the Aviator that the electronic crown and the two operational buttons are set on the right side of the bezel and a solitary mode button in a recess on the left hand of the bezel. I have searched through this G-shock section and found many pictures and all on the left hand wrists. Therefore, would I have operational issues if I do decide to get this model and use it on the right hand?

FYI I am new to this G-Shocks and only have 2. The earlier GS-301 was a present for my son and for me a Rangeman GW9400 which I took ownership on Christmas eve. Prior to buying the Rangeman it didnt occur to me at about the orientation of the buttons and as luck have it I have no issues with using the Rangeman on my right hand as the ABC sensor & buttons are push button type compared to the GW-A1100's push-pull-twisty type.

I really like the way it looks, the perfect size, specifications and the way the analogue hands works on this particular Aviator.

And thanks in advance for any advice....
    Seiko: SRP043K Tag Hauer: Pro 2000 CE1111 MARANEZ Bangla Brass
    G-Shocks: GWA-1100-1A3;
    GX-56-1A;GX-56-1B;GX-56-4A;GX-56BB-1DR; GX-56KG-3; GLS8900LV-2; GA-110GB-1DR; G7900-2; DW-6900NB-1ER; GS-301B

Re: Questions for Defier GW-A1100 Owners....... for right hand placement..

I foresee the only "challenge" you would have is the Smart Access crown that requires you to turn to release and then pull out. Not that you will need to use that often, you will only need it for adjustments/settings and time zone/alarm.
    jumpstat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civic98 View Post
    I foresee the only "challenge" you would have is the Smart Access crown that requires you to turn to release and then pull out. Not that you will need to use that often, you will only need it for adjustments/settings and time zone/alarm.
    Ahh..that is what I am afraid off. I do rely alot on the alarm function. Compared to the Rangeman, all functions on that particular watch can be operated without taking the watch off the hand. Shucks this is indeed a major disadvantage.
    GX-56-1A;GX-56-1B;GX-56-4A;GX-56BB-1DR; GX-56KG-3; GLS8900LV-2; GA-110GB-1DR; G7900-2; DW-6900NB-1ER; GS-301B

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstat View Post
    Ahh..that is what I am afraid off. I do rely alot on the alarm function. Compared to the Rangeman, all functions on that particular watch can be operated without taking the watch off the hand. Shucks this is indeed a major disadvantage.
    I just tried mine on on the right side any have to agree with civic - that crown is not meant to be operated that way. can certainly be done, and is probably just a matter of getting used to it. but me being right handed, it's not exactly natural...
    I did wonder: are you really going to use an aviator while working in a job that risks getting it damaged if on the one wrost? and how can left side be sooo much more at risk than right side?
    and arent we wearing g-shocks exactly so we do not have to care about them?
    I write this, knowing that me roo, I do tend to take care of my watches...

but- couldnt the aviator be your " not at work" G and in that case be worn left arm?

or just go for it wear aviator left side and check out how tough it really is... because in theory nothing we would subject our arms and hands to can scare a G-Shock, right?

anyways I hope you find a solution that works for you, simply because this Aviator is a truely amazing piece of equipment wich I wouldnt want to miss anymore....

good luck and if you do get one, we'll expect pics to prove it!
    jumpstat and nigelw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    I just tried mine on on the right side any have to agree with civic - that crown is not meant to be operated that way. can certainly be done, and is probably just a matter of getting used to it. but me being right handed, it's not exactly natural...
    I did wonder: are you really going to use an aviator while working in a job that risks getting it damaged if on the one wrost? and how can left side be sooo much more at risk than right side?
    and arent we wearing g-shocks exactly so we do not have to care about them?
    I write this, knowing that me roo, I do tend to take care of my watches...

but- couldnt the aviator be your " not at work" G and in that case be worn left arm?

or just go for it wear aviator left side and check out how tough it really is... because in theory nothing we would subject our arms and hands to can scare a G-Shock, right?

anyways I hope you find a solution that works for you, simply because this Aviator is a truely amazing piece of equipment wich I wouldnt want to miss anymore....

good luck and if you do get one, we'll expect pics to prove it!
    Yep... It is a G-shock and should be able to handle some level of abuse in whatever situation.

And I just realised it comes with a composite bracelet with clasp! So it wont be fiddly when puting it on or off, left or right handed.....

Thanks gripmaster for your words of wisdom above....I feeling much happier now :)
    Last edited by jumpstat; December 28th, 2013 at 12:09. Reason: Typo

anytime! and yes the blue one has that bracelet version... not bad at all!

if you need some inspirational pictures to help the decision making proces,, I can help you out with that.. hehehe...

seriously, Aviator is great, id you can try see one in real maybe...

I just ordered after looking at tons of photos...
    jumpstat likes this.

I wear mine on my right hand and can operate it without having to take it off. It would be easier on the left hand but if you are comfortable in using your left hand then it is not really a problem.

Mitch
    gripmaster and jumpstat like this.

Need some help to choose one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by civic98; December 28th, 2013 at 16:36.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388241527.886307.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  171.5 KB

Trust me.. No regrets! Haha!

gripmaster and jumpstat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by civic98 View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388241527.886307.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  171.5 KB

Trust me.. No regrets! Haha!

Bloody hell thats a cool version as well.... Do I need this one as well?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information