Questions for the pros

Thread: Questions for the pros

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions for the pros

Hi everyone, I've been reading this site for about a week now and wow am I worn out, LOTS of information. I do have a few questions though and just KNOW someone here will be able to answer them.

I've got the G2300 that came with the velco fabric strap. The velcro is pretty much DEAD! What I'd like to do is put a Zulu strap on it, but don't know what size to get. Since this watch came with a fabric strap already, do I still need the adapters or should what I currently have work? And what strap should I get?

I've been seriously thinking about picking up the white 7900, but when I was playing with it in the store, I noticed it made a high pitched buzz when I used the EL light. My 2300 doesn't do this...is this normal?

I've also been looking at the PAG40 pathfinder and have read LOTS on it. My main concern is it's inability to be accurate. This is extremely important for me since I'm part of a Search and Rescue team. While it wouldn't be my main tool, it'd be nice to have a reliable backup. Should I look else where or would the PAG40 meet my needs?

Finally, this isn't as much a question as it is a report. I picked up the GA100 a few weeks ago and LOVE IT! However, to anyone looking at it, if you plan on using the light to actually read the watch, DON'T. I was on a mission on Sunday night and tried to use it in the pitch black of night and it took me a good 10 seconds to make out the hour hand. If I could go back, I'd probably get the stealth one since both hands are white. Just a heads up for other professionals looking at this watch.

oh, now for the obligatory picture.

Re: Questions for the pros

No thats not normal so don't let that turn you off to the 7900. I had an old timex that did the same thing. Just grab another 7900 and I'm sure that it will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    No thats not normal so don't let that turn you off to the 7900. I had an old timex that did the same thing. Just grab another 7900 and I'm sure that it will be fine.
    Well, believe it or not, I grabbed a total of 4, from two different stores and they ALL did it. Strange huh..? Picked up a 6900 and nothing...silent as can be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Huh? I was just playing with a 7900 last weekend and didn't notice that but I don't own one so maybe I'm mistaken. I'm sure that a few owners of them will reply to you soon. I will be interested to hear what it is.

alot of manuals say that the EL backlights can make the high pitched sound. Alot do in my experience, it's just part of the EL's nature.

Wow thats interesting. I only have 7 G's and haven't heard them do that yet but the indiglo that I have is very high pitched. The noise never bothered me though. Is this something that happens with older G's or is it just random with any of them?

All 'G' manuals state that the EL will make a noise when activited and that is normal. Having said that I have never heard any of mine make a noise.

As far as the Pathfinders go, I find the Barometer and Thermometer to be very accurate and the Compass to be quite accurate. The Altimeter needs setting to a reference height very regularly as it depends on the Barometric pressure in the main ie the weather! The Altimeter will be more accurate if all measurements are taken whilst on the wrist.

Welcome to the madhouse by the way. This site is good for losing weight, trouble is, it is all out of the wallet!

Mitch

My GA100 says " Hello". Of my current G's this model is my favorite also
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

So does anybody know what mm zulu strap will fit the 2300?

And Mitch, you're right, I've already added several G's to my short list that I had NO intentions of even looking at. Sick...you're all sick!

If it already has 'pass through' adapters, then a 24mm Zulu would be the one to go for.

You might like to wait for confirmation of that though because I have never handled this model.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information