Quick DW5600 Questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: Quick DW5600 Questions

Quick DW5600 Questions

I have a few questions about the DW5600 in general:

1) I have a DW5600e with a 1545 module. Will a 3229 module from a newer 5600e fit in the 1545 case? If so, are the 1545 and 3229 modules interchangeable on the non-screwback DW5600 models?

2) Will either the 1545 or the 3229 module fit in a DW5600C case?

3) I've had the 5600e for a while now, and it has gone from a matte black to a sort of greasy glossyish black, as I have never really cleaned it. Is there any way to reverse the process so it would look matte again?

4) There are white marks on the bezel from where I scraped and banged the watch accidentally on tables, doors, etc. How do I remove those marks?

5) Where can I order a new bezel and band for the DW5600e, and how much should I expect to pay for the new band and bezel?

6) There are some small scratches/light chips on the crystal. Is there any way to get rid of them?

Re: Quick DW5600 Questions

Imo these aren't quick questions, I've done 1&3, search my posts, to #2 yes

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal0621 View Post
    3) I've had the 5600e for a while now, and it has gone from a matte black to a sort of greasy glossyish black, as I have never really cleaned it. Is there any way to reverse the process so it would look matte again?
    Search the forum for "cleaning G Shock" threads -- the glossy finish is probably due to a combination of grease, dirt, body oils, soap and/or friction. If cleaning it doesn't bring back the matte finish, you can try gently rubbing it with melamine foam (aka "Magic Eraser") or a pencil eraser as well.

4) There are white marks on the bezel from where I scraped and banged the watch accidentally on tables, doors, etc. How do I remove those marks?
    Again, search for "cleaning G Shock" -- it's hard to say what will remove those marks without knowing what MADE the marks, or what the marks are made OF. Are the marks actually scuffs that now have soap or something in the dents and dings? Are the marks paint transfer that rubbed off a door or door frame?

5) Where can I order a new bezel and band for the DW5600e, and how much should I expect to pay for the new band and bezel?
    As always when this question comes up, the counter-question is "WHERE DO YOU LIVE??"

If you're in the US or Canada, you'll probably want one of the several US-based parts suppliers, and you'll save a ton of money on postage. If you're in Europe or the UK, you'll probably want Tiktox.com or check Casio's site for the parts supplier in your country. Here's the page with the chart of 36 countries: Watches - Product Repair / Parts - Support - CASIO If you're elsewhere, start with Casio.com, then Support, Parts and Service, Watches.

For a GENERAL idea of prices, PacParts.com shows the band at $10.80 and the bezel at $6.80 USD, not counting their approximately $11 shipping fee.

6) There are some small scratches/light chips on the crystal. Is there any way to get rid of them?
    Yes, but the general opinion around here is that it's a LOT of work. Search the forum for "polishing crystal" and such for threads about the procedure and what sorts of polishing agents to use, or consider replacing the crystal if you're ordering a new bezel and band.
    72950 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I get the feeling you are trying to restore/enhance your DW-5600E.
    I want to point out you can get a new one for $60 shipped internationally on Ebay. (if in the USA check Amazon; $42)
    In other words; It's not worth replacing the module and bezel and band..

Quote Originally Posted by captain kid View Post
    I get the feeling you are trying to restore/enhance your DW-5600E.
    I want to point out you can get a new one for $60 shipped internationally on Ebay. (if in the USA check Amazon; $42)
    In other words; It's not worth replacing the module and bezel and band..
    Exactly -- the price for the module at PacParts is $18.66 -- if the OP buys that, and a bezel and a band, that's $36.26. Add in the $11 shipping and that comes to $47.26. If he just wanted to install a new crystal instead of polishing the old one, that would be an additional $8.02.

If he's in the US or Canada, Walmart also has the new DW-05600E for $42.92 (plus local sales tax.)

Less money, a LOT less work, and if someone is changing everything except the case center, case back,and buttons, that's not much to hang onto for sentimental reasons.

Thread Information