Quick G opinion
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GShockMe

Thread: Quick G opinion

Quick G opinion

BUY mudman g-9000 + gulfman g-9100 OR riseman gw-9200 ?

1 mudman+1 gulfman=1 riseman in price
    Fun fact about me... I love brown Squirrels !!!

Re: Quick G opinion

of course getting those twos

the riseman has much higher value because of this forum, when being asked, every member here recommends 5600 and riseman

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    of course getting those twos

the riseman has much higher value because of this forum, when being asked, every member here recommends 5600 and riseman
    This is why I value other's opinions but make the final choice based upon what I like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

The Gulfman is a tough match for the Riseman, I simply L-O-V-E both, but the too-hard-to-press buttons of that Mudman are a buzz kill for me. If it was another model instead of the 9000 it would depend on what model, but for those two options I would go with the Riseman just to avoid the 9000.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quick G opinion

I would go with the Riseman if you need the temperature and pressure readings. Or if you simply like the look better :)

----

Quote Originally Posted by mamadou777 View Post
    BUY mudman g-9000 + gulfman g-9100 OR riseman gw-9200 ?

1 mudman+1 gulfman=1 riseman in price
    Not necessarily - if you buy the Riseman at Amazon, it is $144 - in fact, it got marked down to $122 the other day, then back up (Amazon does that all the time). I am not interested in a Riseman as I have enough (real) ABC watches - but I keep one in my cart to watch the price... if they mark it down to like $89 I may jump... hey don't laugh, they do it. The 2900F I have for my son, Amazon marked it down to $32 and I jumped on it. Then the price shot back up to $69.

Now, with Amazon, many times you won't get a hang tag, and the watch may have been opened and returned... so you take a chance there, and some people want their watches factory new. However, if you call them, they will make it right. The 2900F I got looked brand new to me, and that was after 3-4 other GShock wathches that I tried from Amazon that were not... and I returned them. Go figure, the $32 one was the best...

Finally, I own the 9000, it is on my wrist now. I am also looking at the 9100-2 (blue) for XMAS for my son. I would take these two watches any day over one Riseman, but that is just me... YMMV ... I got my 9000 for $69, and the best deal I can find on the 9100-2 for one that is still new in the box, unopened is $110.
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

lvt

My "which G to buy" dilemma ended with the purchase of my Riseman, I'm very please with my decision.

Frankly, any G would do the job, but the Riseman is fun to wear, it has both of "tool watch" and "casual watch" aspects.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Yeah picking between the Riseman and the Gulfman is tough. I'm just gonna straight up tell you: get whichever one is easier to get now, and get the other one in the next couple of months. They are both "Master of G" for different reasons. Yeah, "get both" in effect.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

G9000 and G9100 are not atomic receiver. Take GW9000 or GW9010 in to consideration too. Or why not skip them all and go for the new G9300? That module is superb. (GW9300 price may be out of range now).

Thread Information