A quick hello and I need a reccomendation
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A quick hello and I need a reccomendation

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A quick hello and I need a reccomendation

Hello to everyone from Southeast Missouri. I recently got a G2900 from my parents as a house warming gift and I'm loving it. Now I want another. Is there a square 5000 style that has multi-band 6 but NOT solar? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: A quick hello and I need a reccomendation

You can have solar only, but not atomic radio only

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    You can have solar only, but not atomic radio only
    Exactly -- if you want "multiband" or atomic reception in a Casio watch, it WILL also come with solar power.

Despite what seem like a lot of posts here from people who can't figure out how to charge their solar watches, solar G's ARE relatively easy to keep charged, especially if you live in warmer climes where the sun's rays are more direct than near the Arctic Circle. Most of my solar/atomics stay on "high" year round, even though they don't sit on a windowsill when I'm not wearing them.

I try to wear them all one day a month in the spring and summer when I'm outside, and when I don't wear one often enough and it drops to "medium" I'll put it outside in the sun for a day. I just started keeping track of which watches I've had to charge outdoors, since I've never had to do it with some, but I've never had to charge any of them more than once a year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Casio makes the WV58DA and the WVA200A that are battery operated wave ceptor models, but both are round. I've owned both but sold them, kinda wish I would've kept the WVA200 because it was a nice watch.
    Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

Is it just me or do we get an unusual amount of threads recently where people want atomic but not solar?

What is going on? Is solar tech developing a bad rep? I do not get it...

Solar and atomic goes great together so I would advice to just get a tough solar model!
    xevious and widgydidge like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Is it just me or do we get an unusual amount of threads recently where people want atomic but not solar?

Solar and atomic goes great together so I would advice to just get a tough solar model!

Agreed, solar/atomic is the way to go. I got rid of both of those battery operated wave ceptors because I wanted to get rid of all of my battery operated watches and switch over to solar and automatics. The WVA200 would've made a good watch for when I'm plodding through outdoor section of the honeydo list.
    Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

There might be different reasons, but not everyone is too keen on solar. Personally I would always prefer a big CR batt over solar with atomic timekeeping and I'm certainly not the only one.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I cannot speak for others, but the reason I asked is I've seen so many people in the g shock forum complain that you're gonna have to replace the solar batt in 10yr anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kelso_boy View Post
    I cannot speak for others, but the reason I asked is I've seen so many people in the g shock forum complain that you're gonna have to replace the solar batt in 10yr anyway.
    You're going to have to replace a typical two year battery in four or five years.

That "ten year estimate" has already been proven wrong by some of the earliest solar G's that have lasted past the 10 year mark, and are still running on the original battery. On the other hand, a few of those earliest G's had defective batteries, and people have had to change batteries occasionally when they let the watch sit in a drawer for too long, which is hard on the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by kelso_boy View Post
    there are far more Gs that DONT have a 10yr battery and the one ones with a solar equiv. will almost certainly last longer then their non solar counterparts esp. those with special functions like multiband.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information