Quick Question Re:The Gulfman Tidegraph. . . .

Thread: Quick Question Re:The Gulfman Tidegraph. . . .

Quick Question Re:The Gulfman Tidegraph. . . .

I took the watch on My flying duties to Hong Kong and noticed that in World Time mode the time differance is +8 Hours on London time rather than +7 hours i cannot seem to correct it any suggestions?Its casio module 3088,i may be being a tad slow here that's why Us Pilots need checklists!!(With apologies to My Fellow Boeingdriver Captain Ron Engels).

Re: Quick Question Re:The Gulfman Tidegraph. . . .

British Summer Time perchance??? clocks go forward 1hr in spring here, back again 1hr in autumn.

Rusty

Hi Evertonian,

Rusty is right. You have to manually set the DST to the different time zones. Hong Kong (and Japan) doesn't have DST, so the difference between European times jump one hour twice a year.

To correct (according to your manual) you must set your UK time to DST. In timekeeping mode, press upper right (maybe for three seconds). If the seconds blink, push the lower left button. If I'm correct, you are in DST mode. It should be on now. Probably the UK time will now be one hour ahead. Push on the lower left button. Check if you are now in the right UTC offset. For the UK that should be now +1. Press on the lower left button again to set the hours right. If set right, you only have to switch the DST twice a year.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Evertonian,

Rusty is right. You have to manually set the DST to the different time zones. Hong Kong (and Japan) doesn't have DST, so the difference between European times jump one hour twice a year.

To correct (according to your manual) you must set your UK time to DST. In timekeeping mode, press upper right (maybe for three seconds). If the seconds blink, push the lower left button. If I'm correct, you are in DST mode. It should be on now. Probably the UK time will now be one hour ahead. Push on the lower left button. Check if you are now in the right UTC offset. For the UK that should be now +1. Press on the lower left button again to set the hours right. If set right, you only have to switch the DST twice a year.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Thankyou Sjors!I appreciate Your and Rusty's help..

Thread Information