Quick Question(s)

Thread: Quick Question(s)

Quick Question(s)

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask; what sort of lume does Casio use on their newer ana-digis? How long does it last? Does it wear out? If so, will it wear out faster with constant charging?

Thanks in advance.
    24hr or bust. Get outta here with your A.M. P.M. nonsense.

Re: Quick Question(s)

Casio call it 'neobrite', and my 2 x most recent G Shocks, my GWG1000 and my GWA1100 have it. It's very powerful, and you can easily read both after several hours. Obviously, they're nowhere near as bright as 1st charged, but when your eyes get use to the dark, you can definitely read the time. As for how long they'll last, I don't know. But I have several watches approaching 20 years old, and they could definitely do with a re-lume. The luminosity is basically a chemical reaction, which will decrease over time. Even a 20 year old Rolex will have faded from it's brand new out of the box days!

I'm relying on the superbright LED to get me through the next few decades!
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Thanks Stephen, good to know.

I guess I can live with falling back on the LED when the lume wears out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Casio call it 'neobrite', and my 2 x most recent G Shocks, my GWG1000 and my GWA1100 have it. It's very powerful, and you can easily read both after several hours.
    Several hours?!! I must have very bad eyes though. I have both and would mostly say the lume is good for around 10 minutes into darkness, beyond that it faints to virtually being invisible. That's one of the bad things to say regarding GW-A1100 - no backlight to compensate for the (lack of) lume.

Quote Originally Posted by cbkihong View Post
    Several hours?!! I must have very bad eyes though. I have both and would mostly say the lume is good for around 10 minutes into darkness, beyond that it faints to virtually being invisible. That's one of the bad things to say regarding GW-A1100 - no backlight to compensate for the (lack of) lume.
    It does last easily for several hours if not more. The effect you are talking about is indeed 'bright' for about 10 minutes after shining a torch (flashlight) or holding it towards a light source, it will have a definite glow. However, in darkened room, when your eyes are thoroughly use to the dim room, and if you stare at the watch for a few seconds, you will definitely be able to tell the time, which is the whole point of the watch lume...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I have an AWG-M100 which is still readable at 6 am, just before the sun rises. But: the tiny blob of lume on the minute hand is hard to see if it is near one of the lumed minute indicators.

The hands of my G-300 are much better. But IT has no lume on the minute indexes, only the hands! Why, oh why, Casio?!?!?!

Still, you can tell the time all night. At least with the AWG-M100, I just look at the hour hand, and then guess where the minute hand must be. Then I look for it, and can usually find it. Of course, I could just use the light, but what's the fun in that? heh

Quote Originally Posted by zabat View Post
    The hands of my G-300 are much better. But IT has no lume on the minute indexes, only the hands! Why, oh why, Casio?!?!?!
    My GA-100 has lume only on the markers, not on the hands, which is even worse!

I had a GWA1100, the lume can last me overnight without special charge before bed. It doesn't seem much at the beginning but when in pitch black and your eyes are adjusted, telling time is super easy. I also currently wear a AWGM100, lume is far worse, maybe just 20min into the night, and lume area is much smaller, making it impossible to read. Backlight is pathetic and so last century too.

That's why i'm upgrading my AWGM100 to GST-W300 now. Expecting the delivery soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    I had a GWA1100, the lume can last me overnight without special charge before bed. It doesn't seem much at the beginning but when in pitch black and your eyes are adjusted, telling time is super easy. I also currently wear a AWGM100, lume is far worse, maybe just 20min into the night, and lume area is much smaller, making it impossible to read. Backlight is pathetic and so last century too.

Thread Information