quick question trimmer DW5600E
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By xevious

Thread: quick question trimmer DW5600E

quick question trimmer DW5600E

I having problem regulating the DW5600E , is it clockwise speed up and anticlockwise slow downs ?
    I am not 100% sure, any help ?

Re: quick question trimmer DW5600E

Is it a vintage (1545) or current (3229) model? In addition, each watch might be different depending on how the trimmer capacitor is set but GENERALLY speaking, for vintage models, clockwise => go slower and it's the opposite for modern models.

What is the issue that you've encountered?

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

It can vary by watch, depending upon how it was calibrated at the factory.

How much did you turn the screw? Did you turn it in different directions multiple times? Did you keep track of the original position?

If you're unsure of any of these at this point, then do the following:
    0. Make note of how much it is gaining/losing at this point, before doing anything (synchronize, then re-check 2 days later at same time)
    1. Synchronize your watch again and note the time.
    2. Make note of current position of trimmer screw (orientation of + sign).
    3. Turn the trim screw in either direction, about 90 degrees.
    4. Wait for 1 day to see if you are noticing deviation. On 2nd day at same time you did sync, make note of time.
    5. You should either have an increase or decrease in time deviation.
    6. Based on this, you will know which direction turning the trim screw caused time deviation to increase or decrease.

Some modules are more sensitive than others to the degree of turning the trim screw.

Also, I have found that it is best to wait 2 full days before making a follow-up adjustment. Even after getting close to the accuracy you want, you need to let the watch sit for a while and see if the deviation changes. Some say it needs "settling" after the trim screw adjustment.

My final word of advice: Try to keep the degree of change to a minimum, if you can. I had one watch that went a little "wonky" on me, where I got mixed up on the direction to increase or decrease. After making rather significant turns of the trim screw (360 degrees), the watch became flaky... I could never get it any better than gaining 20 sec/mo. The directions for increase/decrease adjustments would "flip" somehow. The capacitor setting may have been near the "limit border." Who knows. After so many weeks of playing with it, I gave up because I was tired of wasting my time. Since then, I make only small incremental adjustments with my CASIO watches and haven't gone wrong since.
    Last edited by xevious; February 16th, 2016 at 22:39.
    GaryK30 and Brains like this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Watchphile View Post
    Is it a vintage (1545) or current (3229) model? In addition, each watch might be different depending on how the trimmer capacitor is set but GENERALLY speaking, for vintage models, clockwise => go slower and it's the opposite for modern models.

What is the issue that you've encountered?
    No issue at all, I was messing around to get the best accuracy, the watch I got it for Christmas I am not positive on the model

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaulGerman View Post
    No issue at all, I was messing around to get the best accuracy, the watch I got it for Christmas I am not positive on the model
    The MODULE number is stamped on the back, and should appear in a small rectangle right after the MODEL number. The newer version first came out in 2011, so if the gift-giver purchased it from a larger store or major online retailer, it's PROBABLY the newer one.

There's a SLIM possibility that they found an older one sitting on a shelf at a local sporting goods store, but probably not.

Thread Information